single coil pup's

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
03/08/2004 8:23 pm
I'm seriously thinking about doing a custom strat from warmoth, but I don't know much about single coil pup's. I'm going to be using the strat mainly for clean stuff, blue's, and classic rock type stuff. I tried using the search option on here, but couldn't ocme up with anything. I would appreciate any suggestions and info.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
03/08/2004 9:12 pm
What are you looking for in which pickups? I'm assuming you want something a bit vintage sounding.

Look through the DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan websites, they both have some very nice products that might fit what you're looking for.

If you want something more botique look into Kinman, DeTemple, or Bare Knuckle (UK). They'll cost more, but you might find it worth the difference.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 2
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
03/09/2004 2:45 am
You could stick with the stock strat pups, and use the "quieting the beast" technique found at:

http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/shield3.php

This shows you how to make your single coils less noisy.

Not sure what you want, BUT, one of my personal fav's is position "4". (Neck and Middle, out of phase). Add some reverb, and you got a real nice clean sound. (Think beginning to "Shine On You Crazy Diamond Part 1")
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
03/10/2004 9:23 pm
After looking around a bit and listening to a few sound clips, I decided I like the Seymour Duncan SVR-1 vintage rails in all positions. Not sure if I'll end up going this route, but for now that the way I'm leaning.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.