Meshuggah

basics
basics
03/02/2004 5:22 am
What about these guys? Man, they're so rythmic, they're tribunal you know, almost native in the way the pound out their different patterns and that's the way it should be. Lost in various rythms and patterns you loose track of time and just get lost in the music. Also, their vocals isn't total screaming nonsense which I absolutely hate. I hate those bands who may or may not have decent music but you don't notice because their goddamn singer is just screaming some **** that is uncomprehensible and makes you want to rip out his useless vocal chords. Anyway, anyway, anybody else listen to Meshuggah?
# 1
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
03/02/2004 6:46 am
i admire messugah for their rythmic complexity, but i find the lack of melody and the vocals annoying. to me they are basically showcasing how wierd rythms can go (and infact their rythms are far from beeing REALY wierd). i found it funny to listen to a few songs of them, but thats about it.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 2
basics
basics
03/02/2004 6:52 am
Well man, of the tunes I've been introduced to I'd compare them to pantera except without the .. song structure. they're almost tribal in the way they hammer out their riffs. i appreciate them in the way them drone away. something to be learned i'm sure in the way they compose.
# 3
Seve420
Seve420
03/02/2004 12:55 pm
I think Meshuggah are brilliant. I however find that the vocals are pretty good but I'm into that kind of thing. You can understand everything he yells/screams though, unlike a lot of death metal bands.

The rythym is extremely unorthodox and I take pride in being able to play New Millenium Cyanide Christ, with the opening riff's bars, 23:16 x 5 then 13:16. Some of the lead guitar is quite good too, almost hypnotic.
Latest News: Bird and bee have sex with disastrous results
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.