easy riffs

IbanezRox
IbanezRox
01/25/2001 4:46 am
I just started playing and i was wondering what are the easiest rock/metal riffs to play

Thanks

# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/25/2001 7:34 am
Well, you can check out alot of Black Sabbath's stuff- much of it is very simple in concept, but will teach you good rythm and how to layer different ideas into a song. Also, most of AC/DC's rythm work is very basic- painfully so for me actually. Basicly keep an ear out, play the stuff you're interested in learning, you'll begin to figure out what's in your reach now. Also, you'll find that challenging yourself a bit will help your playing loads. Try inventing a riff you can't quite play and practice it until it works.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Alex
Alex
01/26/2001 5:19 am
guns n roses- out ta get me
danzig- twist of cain (really easy)
ACDC- the beginning of thunderstruck
# 3
Joseph
Joseph
01/29/2001 1:52 am
ACDC's Back In Black, The vocals are great, but the guitar line man its killer...Its considered to be the ultimate rock riff for all beginners as well as experienced professionals.. Because despite the fact that its such a simple dittie, its so very powerful, its just one of those guitar parts that stay with us where ever we go, (reminding us of our past/relationships etc.) When I first started out, I concentrated on mastering rhythm more than anything else, I basically taught myself every guitar intro know to man, (because I was desperately trying to develop my own style), and not just impress my friends my fast arpeggios. although we don't realize it until years later, timing is everything.

-Joseph, :).
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 4
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
01/29/2001 7:33 pm
Yeah man you should try almost any ac/dc song
like highway to hell or back in black
which are great songs...
another good ac/dc song you can try is live wire
which includes only 3 chords but still very powerfull and energetic song, like the most of ac/dc songs
you can also learn smoke on the water... if you want to
ouh and offcorse whole lotta love by zeppelin
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 5
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/30/2001 1:54 am
If an old fart can offer an opinion, I'd recommend digging back in the old mouldies for stuff like early Alice Cooper.

Is it just senility settling in, or did bands used to put more thought into things like melody lines, pointy lyrics, and funky rhythm structures? It seems like now, most heavy bands just blast away full-bore from the get-go. (I think my meds are wearin' off).
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 6
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/30/2001 3:12 am
It really depends on which bands you want to look at. Also, sometimes the stripped down full blast approach works very well, but on the other hand, really easy to use it to hide a total lack of songwriting ability. I usually wait to hear a band before I make any judgements on them regardless of what genre they are. It's all a matter of listening to things for what they are.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.