Pleas tell me!!!

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/21/2004 6:06 am
Am I the only one who's sick and tired of all these "who vs. who" threads? Seriously! every guitarist has their own style of playing. True enough, some can be compaired to other's, but not in a who's better than who contest. It would be like compairing me and my closest guitar playing friend together. Both of us are basically on the same leval, we both have a similar style's, but some things I come up with are way beyond him, and some things he come's up with are way beyond me.

IMHO these who's better than who threads are nothing but pointless topics comming from newbie's to the guitar who know no better.

If someone must do a thread like this, IMO it would be better and more reasonable to say something like "how does SRV's style of playing compair to Hendrix's style of palying" that way you're not trying to say who's better than who, but more like how are they similar and different. Both have unique and different styles, but yet at the same time they're somewhat similar.

just some more of my useless 2 cents.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
Death55
Death55
02/21/2004 11:53 am
yeah i agree with you. Just doing those vs threads are stupid and just end up with people arguing all the time.
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/21/2004 1:42 pm
Personally I think they are puerile however as they aint breaking any of the GT rules there is not real reason to shut em down!

If we were to shut down every inane post or post that had been beaten to death, there would be very little activity on these boards.

A consequence of this would be that many of the people who do have something valuable to contribute would go somewhere else.

Net end result... GT forum reduced to a bunch of dribbling dingbats getting disgruntled cos there "who vs who" posts have been closed....and nothing else !!! !

So unfortunately it looks like we have to take some rough with the smooth !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/21/2004 11:05 pm
I know. I was just in one of those moods when I posted that.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/22/2004 1:15 am
Hmm... you dont have to reply to them... or even read them.

You could have a section called "Guitar Wars" or sumin cheesy like that, where people could discuss stuff like that.

You cant slag something that often results in introducing new artists or bands to people who would otherwise not hear of them.

Two of the top three threads in this section are 'Vrs' ones! And about third of the hits this section got were for those posts... so are a third of us behaving in a puerile manner? :rolleyes:
# 5
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/22/2004 1:51 am
you make a good point as well. I never reply to any of those threads, and avoid 99.9% of them. I defanately agree with making a section strictly dedicated to who vs. who topics.

I probably should have never posted this thread, but like I said earlier, I was just in one of those moods. So, I aqqologize if it has offended anybody.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 6
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/22/2004 7:56 pm
"Nae bor" as we say in scotland :) ... No problem! I think beside our names and post count they should have our age and counrty though, very important with sum topics.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.