Harmonics?

RushYYZ
RushYYZ
02/08/2004 5:24 pm
How are harmonics made? Ive never really thought till now about it
A man dies and goes to heaven and can only bring 1 possesion he decides to bring his guitar. While entering the gates he is stopped and is told he cannot bring a guitar into heaven. The Man being very confused tries thinking of a way to get it in, then hears a loud chorus being played on guitar behind the gates. The man claims "That man has a guitar why cant I?!?!?" the gate keeper says "Oh thats just god and he likes to pretend hes steve vai"
# 1
Jimmi431
Jimmi431
02/08/2004 6:03 pm
if you play a note on the guitar this note is made up by several other notes and sounds made by the string (harmonics). as this note is built up of these diferent notes it means that some can be taken away. therefore if you take away some of the sounds producing the note you are left with some of the harmonics. of course this is a very very simplified way of lookin at it. you can actually work out how the harmonic is produced but its all based on maths and the pythagorus therum or something (hmmm spelt that very wrong but oh well)maths related and very complicated, if i were you i would settle for knowin that they are there an not how they work! far far easiesr

[Edited by jimmi431 on 02-08-2004 at 12:22 PM]
The sun is shining the weather is sweet
# 2
u10ajf
u10ajf
02/09/2004 4:59 pm
Here's everything I know about harmonics. Hope this helps. Here you'll learn all the methods and how to play major arpeggios of harmonics on open strings easily.
Have fun!

http://www.guitartricks.com/2000/trick.php?trick_id=5647

If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.