Excuses

AtomicMassUnit
AtomicMassUnit
01/16/2001 7:30 am
What excuses do you fellows have for keeping well intentioned (to use Raskolnikov's word) people away from your gear? I usually say that I believe when other people play my rig it takes away from my personal spirit and give them a half crazed look. Also I almost never play on other people's rigs. Is that a strange preference?

Atomic
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/18/2001 8:01 am
not exactly, nothing fits quite like my rig, so I hate to play on anything less.
And my classic line to get people to leave my stuff alone: "Do you realize how many thousands of dollars you're sitting on?"
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Joseph
Joseph
02/02/2001 3:49 am
I really don't need much of an excuse, most people I know just realize how meticulous Iam when it comes to my equipment. And for those who are hypochondriacs, I just tell them that my germs are all over them (with a little cough here and there.) But I'm really not mean, I hve my momentsm :). But still, I let my previous girlfriend tinker with my guitars every now and then, even years after we broke up, she still has this strange hold on me.

-Joseph, :).
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 3
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
02/19/2001 4:28 am
*If a "friend" of mine picks up one of my axes, I allow them to hold it and look it over...If they want to plug it in and play it, I embarrass them by saying (Half-jokingly), "Are you out of your phucking mind? EVERYBODY knows that only the V has "The secret encryption module" to engage the "Tryrilium Neutron splitter" that makes this Ultimate Rock Machine come alive !!!! LOL :).......If its NOT a friend of mine, I say (calmly, but STERN) "Yo man !! What are you doing?" (as I'm taking it from them) ...Then they'll say "Just looking at your guitar, man...Is it OK?".....Tell them that you get "Twitchy" when a stranger touches your stuff w/o asking first.....Wouldn't they? ....If they get gruffy, turn the tables right on them and tell them to get over it, no big deal....Ya don't dig people touchin' your stuff...You worked to hard for it.....If they call it a piece of schit (or something stupid to hide their embarrasment), then ask them why they touched it in the first place.....If they FLINCH after that, GET RIGHT IN THEIR FACE and ask them if they want their teeth re-arranged....Phuck 'em.......

[Edited by LEEtheV on 02-18-2001 at 11:35 PM]
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.