Is this a good guitar?

Yngtchie Blacksteen
Yngtchie Blacksteen
01/20/2004 7:08 pm
I've been thinking of getting a new guitar, and this Ibanez S470DX looks pretty good.

Anyone here tried it, how is it like?

# 1
Death55
Death55
01/21/2004 9:10 am
I wouldnt be too sure. It looks like a very nice guitar though. Looks like the same shape as the ibanez's satch uses. I would get it. If it does sound too good just upgrade to better pickups :)
Oh btw, your picking is very fast ;) I didnt know you were on the metalmethod forums !

By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 2
concrete chaos
concrete chaos
01/21/2004 9:34 am
damn sexy

'i dont have low self esteem, it's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else' - Daria
# 3
janir123
janir123
01/21/2004 9:46 am
Well, it's a decent guitar. It's korean but it's better than most other "cheapo" guitars and for the money it's great. Only the Lo-TRS bridge and the pickups aren't that great but you can upgrade. I would buy a used japanese model
like S540 instead. You can get it for the same money but the parts are much better. But if you want the 470 and you like it then get it. I've heard tons of positive reviews from people who use it so it can't be all bad.

Why I think the TRS is bad? Because it's made from some kind
of weaker metal and it doesn't last very long. The sharp
edges wear out causing the guitar being out of tune. Especially when using tremolo arm it doesn't return to exactly same spot. Another downside is that the Edge trem doesn't fit without rerouting if you want to replace the TRS at some point.
Thanks

Jani
# 4
Yngtchie Blacksteen
Yngtchie Blacksteen
01/21/2004 9:54 pm
Originally posted by Death55

Oh btw, your picking is very fast ;) I didnt know you were on the metalmethod forums !

Thank you very much, I've heard that a couple of times. I figured the Metal Method forum looked pretty cool, I mean, with Michael Angelo posting there and everything.:)

But I don't practice speed-picking anymore, I try to focus on improving my phrasing instead, as I consider it more important.
# 5
Death55
Death55
01/21/2004 10:33 pm
Thats a good idea. Thats what i'm doing now. I'll just get my speed really good and by the time i'm really fast i will have learnt more theory and hopefully be able to start making some cool songs that actually make sense.
A japanese model would be good i have to agree with that. Aparently they are just as or better but cheaper.
What guitar have you got now ?

By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 6
Yngtchie Blacksteen
Yngtchie Blacksteen
01/21/2004 11:01 pm
Originally posted by Death55

What guitar have you got now ?
It's kind of a Frankenstein guitar. It's got a Tokai body, Wilkinson tremolo, custom made pickups, and a Casio synth guitar neck.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.