smashing pumpkins effects

cat_eyes_gb
cat_eyes_gb
12/22/2003 6:46 am
im having a hard time figuring out what effects they used on some of their songs (ex. mayonnaise solo). can anybody here send me a list of what they used on what song, i really need it :) thanx
i wanna be "shredated"
# 1
Barreta_jetstream1
Barreta_jetstream1
12/22/2003 7:48 pm
*gets down on knees* oh thank god!!! another SMPU fan!! lol...

the problem with the pumpkins is that they use a massive amount of fx... for example all of siamese dream was constructed by billy, in a studio so its anyones guess what he used. its all layered like crazy anyway...

all i can say on mayonaise is that he used a tiny little crappy cheap guitar that whistled everytime he stoped playing. thats why you get those out-of-tune note in the pauses...

anyway i might be able to help more with more spesific songs, they just use far to much equipment to be general sorry. ps. what SMPU stuff you got? i havn't met anyone on here who worships them as much as i do yet...
Tandem Felix
# 2
cat_eyes_gb
cat_eyes_gb
12/23/2003 5:43 pm
yeah its such a shame they're gone. oh, well...

i used to have a mellon collie double cd, i still have a siamese dream cassette which i have transplanted from its case countless times, gish and adore cassette and some mp3s. i think siamese the best.

here's my problem: my gear is crap.i have a zoom 707ii and a squier (yes, i take it out on gigs). is it possible to wring out a decent pumpkin sound outta this setup?

i wanna be "shredated"
# 3
Barreta_jetstream1
Barreta_jetstream1
12/23/2003 9:17 pm
erm... not sure. its worth a try. most of the pre-adore stuff was done with marshalls and fenders for billy and les-pauls for james. if you wanna emulate that sound your gunna need some huge amps... the squire might give you a close sound, and if you can dial in a bass-heavy sound on your zoom you could get close... i think you'll just have to experiment. i use a maverick and a crate and can kinda get there, but thats just the gain and the volume
Tandem Felix
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.