POD and PODxt users

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
12/19/2003 3:32 pm
What are your favorite settings for distortion and clean tones? I don't expect you to list all the settings, but just a general idea.

PODxt (set to direct/studio):
For Distortion/Overdrive, I'm very fond of the Soldano SLO100 with the drive between 3-5, using the marshall 25 cab with the 67?condenser mic. I also throw in the tube screamer to brighten and sharpen things up when needed.

For Clean I use the Marshall Plexi 45 with the drive set so it will slightly break up if I play hard enough, using the Line 6 4x10 cab with one of the 57 mic's(can't remember which one). the tube screamer adds a good bluesy overdrive and the rat gives a good classic rock tone.

For the effects I normally only use the sine chorus, digital or analog /w mod delays, and the large or vintage plate reverbs.

I can pretty much pull off any style with those 2 settings because they're so versatile. I like running the PODxt into the FX return of my peavey XXX and run a peavey 12" floor monitor with the XXX so there's no coloration from the speakers and also so I can get some real power tube tone in the mix. Also works great direct to a PA or with the XXX set up but using a Marshall 1960A cab instead and turning the cabinet simulations off.

Ok, there's my 2 cents. I doubt anybody will reply to this, but I would appreciate it if you would. thanks
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
punkin
punkin
12/28/2003 10:58 pm
Gotta love the POD!

I use the deep editing software A LOT! The pre-defines are good but, I get much better sounds using downloaded files off the web and experimenting with my own.

I really like the rectified sounds used with compression and delay. I'm mostly into hard rock though.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.