Nu-Metal ... lol

DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
12/12/2003 9:47 pm
It pains me to talk about this subject but i will.

I do not like Nu-Metal very much... not alot of good musicians in the mix... basically not any good musicianship... all the songs sound the same... and i can go on and on.

Are there any Nu-Metal bands that you guys actually like. I have 2.

1) Sevendust (actually one of my favorite bands... the guitar players arent as bad as like Linkin Parks)
2) Godsmack ( Kinda like the new AIC.. good ghuitar player too)

How bout u guyz?
Member of band: Amphiptere (am-fi-teer)
Genre: Speed Metal, Thrash Metal
I am: Lead guitar
# 1
Death55
Death55
12/12/2003 9:59 pm
All the nu metal i have heard sucks. Most nu metal bands have no talent and have 2 stupid powercords throughout the whole song.I'm guessing most the guitarists in nu metal bands dont have the slightest clue about music and how you actually make a proper song .
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 2
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
12/12/2003 10:37 pm
Nu metal isnt metal it all.It shames real metals name.
Its big money maker thats all.Its accessible to musical retards and retards in general.The musicianship is simple and lyrics focus on pre-pubesant problems and issues.

People who enjoy nu metal dont give a crap about what the guitar does.They listen for the 'deep' lyrics(which arn't deep at all,they can just relate there lame social problems to them.)

In my eyes,its no different than pop.

Later! \m/
Try once,fail twice...
# 3
Death55
Death55
12/12/2003 10:40 pm
exactly. Nu metal is for the "musicians" who werent good enough. Aparently this magazine said pantera's new album was nu metal , lol.
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 4
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
12/12/2003 11:14 pm
I get the sense that Nu-metal is finally on the decline. I get the same feeling about pop music too. Am I just being overly optimistic, or do you guys feel that way too? I hope if I'm right something good will fill a void that's been there at least since grunge died (IMO).
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 5
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
12/12/2003 11:32 pm
Hahahaahahah... yeah thats why it was painful for me to post it.

But i hate when guitar world make such a big deal out of these bands. I think i am a better guitar player than most of those Nu-pop(metal) guitar players.

Im sure most of u guyz can skool those guitar players... no doubt about it.
# 6
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
12/13/2003 12:37 am
I think Sevendust is pretty good as well, not as good as their first album before they went mainstream.

There are some catchy nu-metal songs that catch my attention.

I also like Seether for some reason. They write some pretty catch stuff as well.

I don't on the other hand think that nu-metal guitarists are bad, most of them are actually pretty good, although there are a few that aren't that great.

But if I had my choice, I'd rather hear Nu-Metal than Pop-Punk any day.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 7
Karma In The South
Karma In The South
12/13/2003 1:56 am
Seether are awful, I saw em live during the summer... :(
# 8
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
12/13/2003 5:33 am
Originally posted by Pantallica1
...I'd rather hear Nu-Metal than Pop-Punk any day.

Now there's a choice I hope I never have to make. Pantallica: What's been up dude?? I haven't seen you in the chat room lately. Granted I'm not in there as much because I'm home on break, and I don't have hi-speed always on internet here. I'm stuck in a time-warp from 1996 taking me back to the dialup days. Hope to here from ya buddy. We gotta work on a new song.
My YouTube Profile
# 9
metal_carnage
metal_carnage
12/13/2003 9:52 am
I have a little sister who adores Linkin Park...
Any idea how awefull that is to hear every day?
Worst part is that she has a playlist of 3 songs!!! playing all day throught OMG!!!

Nu-Metal musicians arnt musicians. They probably dont even make there own songs...

Now tell me: Which of the nowadays Nu-Metal bans will still be goin in 20 years? or even in 10 or 5 years...
# 10
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
12/13/2003 3:37 pm
Originally posted by metal_carnage
I have a little sister who adores Linkin Park...
Any idea how awefull that is to hear every day?
Worst part is that she has a playlist of 3 songs!!! playing all day throught OMG!!!

I feel for ya bro. She probably thinks they're the greatest band ever. Personally I'm sick to death of the whole, rapper/screamer combo. Also you can expect the same dynamic change with every song. Start off slow and soft, then have some asslick hit a powerchord really hard and bam, you got 13 year-olds bouncing off the wall.

Nu-Metal musicians arnt musicians. They probably dont even make there own songs...

I wouldn't doubt it for a second. The similarities between nu-metal and pop productions are enormous.

Now tell me: Which of the nowadays Nu-Metal bans will still be goin in 20 years? or even in 10 or 5 years...

I'm gonna say not a damn one will be around. We're currently in the longest stagnation of mainstream music ever encountered. I still hold out some hope that soon a band will come out that will change the music scene completely, a la beatles or a nirvana.
My YouTube Profile
# 11
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
12/13/2003 3:58 pm
Have you guyz ever wondered what my generationS ( Im 13) music is going to be like. I mean all these asshole kids who love bands like linkin... good char., and blink... will make ass bands of there own... and its proabably going to be worse than now.

Im proabably the best guitar player in my skool ( not to brag pr anything... just makin a point.) By the time im like 18 i will ahve been playin for like 8 years. If my gneration of guitar players do suk... then it will hopefully be easy to make it as a guitar player wen i grow up.

Im just hoping that some of the kids in my generation actually like descent music.

Out of about 1000 kids in my skool only 1 other than me as heard of Joe Satriani... or Steve Vai.... a lil sad.

# 12
Karma In The South
Karma In The South
12/13/2003 6:32 pm
Originally posted by DreamRyche2112
Im proabably the best guitar player in my skool ( not to brag pr anything... just makin a point.)

Are you the best speller too?
# 13
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
12/13/2003 6:39 pm
Az a matterz ofs faxz mes am lol
# 14
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
12/13/2003 8:27 pm
I know that linkin park dont write there own songs.They have ghost writers just like any pop peformer.
Try once,fail twice...
# 15
Barreta_jetstream1
Barreta_jetstream1
12/13/2003 8:51 pm
I kinda agree on the nu-metal thing, but also disagree. Alot of groups in that genre at a load of crap (eg. slipnot) but some good groups have been tarnished with this brush. Incubus have been lumped into this group and, true Science was a nu-metal album, they have grown up since then. Any-one got Morning View? Any-one this its nu-metal? Anyone who does needs their ears testing. A sum for you...

Acoustic guitar + cello = Nu-metal? I think not

Im not deliberatly picking on Incubus here, its just i was reminded of them today.
Another thing that REALLY grates on me is when people hate a song just for the group. I'll give you an example. A mate of mine was listing to Drift and Die by POM (plz no insults). He said "I love this song, its so cool". When I told him who it was by he freaked out, and now refused to listen to it at all, just because he "hates" POM. My point is that people should give a song a chance, regardless of who made it or what genre it comes from. Another example, in my MP3 collection I have sipnots wait + bleed. Now i wouldn't consider getting a slipnot album, and are as far away from a fan as you can be, but i still like the song.
Basicly what i'm trying to say is dont hate the name, hate the songs. If you genuinly don't like the music then go ahead, I got no gripes with that. But if you "hate" a group just because they are a paticular gerne or style, you're defeating the point of being a musician

Ok rant over... (sorry bowt the spelling)
Tandem Felix
# 16
SPL
SPL
12/13/2003 10:37 pm

Korn already has been around(and succesful) for about 10 years. In ANY style of music that is an extraordinary achievement.

Originally posted by chucklivesoninmyheart
I know that linkin park dont write there own songs.They have ghost writers just like any pop peformer.

And we are supposed to believe that just because YOU say so?

[Edited by SPL on 12-13-2003 at 04:40 PM]
# 17
Karma In The South
Karma In The South
12/13/2003 11:15 pm
Originally posted by chucklivesoninmyheart

They write their own songs, sorry. Linkin Park are ok, the guitarist is utter ****e however.
# 18
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
12/14/2003 12:05 am
Oh well its just pure laziness... thats why i dont type skool as school.

But what school** do u go to?? A music school or a regular school.

# 19
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
12/14/2003 6:21 am
"Out of about 1000 kids in my skool only 1 other than me as heard of Joe Satriani... or Steve Vai.... a lil sad."
i have heard of them but, perosnally i dont like any of there music..i would take terrega and vivaldi over them any day.
why is it that everytime a nu-metal topic is brought up someone has to bash or bring up slipknot???they have been out(1995) before the whole nu-metal actaully started becoming "popular" atleast they write there music, thats one thing they have over most of the other "nu-metal" bands and im sure most of you know mick thompson is a killer guitarist...even if the riffs on their cd's are simple

In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.