Sharing Credit

Digit
Digit
10/16/2003 10:02 pm
I'm just wondering what peoples opinions are in regards to sharing credit on songs.

Just a few instances..
If you write a song and the music is all yours, you've written the chorus for the song but somebody else comes up with a first verse that takes you in a different direction. They also sing it. How would you credit that person?
Would they be entitled to a share of the royalties if the song made any money?

What about if you work with a singer and they mostly just do vocals, but occasionally they inspire you to write songs a certain way to suit they're vocals?

How would you handle it if you wrote a song and advertised for a singer online. Somebody answered your ad and did the vocals for you but you've never actually met them in person. Nothing was discussed as far as payment or anything. Then a year later, the song becomes a hit. How would you credit the person and would you owe them any money? If so, how much?

# 1
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
10/17/2003 10:19 am
Short cold answer...if theres no contract,its all up for grabs.

The music and lyrics I write for my band is done all by me,but I feel like a jerk saying "my song/s" e.c.t,so I credit the rest of the band just to be nice saying "our song/s" e.c.t.
I'm nobodys superior in the band and would like to shift the process of writing material into a group effort.
We could sit around all day and jam randomly,but that will get us nowhere...we need group brainstorming sessions.

I'm way of the subject...

Later! \m/
Try once,fail twice...
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.