7 String help!

Cavefish X
Cavefish X
10/01/2003 2:03 pm
I took the low B off my seven string, shifted all 6 of the other strings on the guitar one spot over. Then added an A string where the high E string was. So my 7 string guitar goes E-A-D-G-B-E-A. This adds a little more range and depth to my playing(shredding, hehe).

This is nothing new - I remember George Lynch had an ESP 7 string back in the 80's with a high A string.
Does anyone else out there that uses this setup? I keep breaking the high A. Probably because I used the high E string from a 9 gauge set. The rest of the strings are a standard 10 gauge set. Any suggestions as to what I should use for the high A gauge wise?
Thanks
What's the difference between a puppy and a singer-songwriter?
Eventually the puppy stops whining.

# 1
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
10/01/2003 2:46 pm
how did u manage this? i tried that one too on a guitar but it didnt work. i tried to tune an high e string up to a but i never succeeded with ANY gauge (i even tried a .007!) - the string kept tearing at G#. only once i managed to get it to a, but as soon as i played a note it snaped. but the again.. i wont need that anymore once my 36fret is done MUAAAAAHAHAHAHHAAAAA

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 2
Cavefish X
Cavefish X
10/01/2003 3:21 pm
I had to tune down pretty far...I also had to tweak the truss rod too, but the string only lasts about 1 bend before it pops...

You've been bragging about that 36 fret guitar for over a year is seems...hurry up and get it already..SHEESH!!!
What's the difference between a puppy and a singer-songwriter?
Eventually the puppy stops whining.

# 3
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
10/01/2003 3:47 pm
hehe - it will be done before christmas! maybe even november!

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.