Coffee..mmm...

Hammurabi
Hammurabi
09/24/2003 2:49 am
Why does it feel like you just got a novocaine shot after chugging cold expresso?

Sorry for the randomness, I'm just wondering because I just bit my lip like 50 times in the last few minutes and it's getting more than a little annoying.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 1
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/24/2003 4:25 am
What a weird post!You might want to see if youve had a stroke.Just gargle with warm/scalding hot water.

Since this is such a messed up post I think I'll unload my crap in this thread...heres the situation.

I wrote a pus*y punk song that my friends(the band)like and we play it alot...I dont like it and the only reason I finished the song was because my friend enjoyed the catchyness.Well we have a hook up now to get free recording time in a studio(our drummers,wifes,sisters..eh..forget it).We can make a CD and theres a few bars and clubs we can get some dates at to get exposure.My friends want the song to be on the CD and in our set...and want that song to be our "#1" song/hit.I really dont want to go the pus*y punk direction but they expect me to write more of the same.I write great hardcore/thrash punk songs,realize them quikly and is the sound I want to go for.I sat down just a minute ago and tried to come up with some more pus*y crap,but its not what I wanna do so its really half a*sed and going nowhere.My friends on the couch sleeping and really expects me to come through with some more material.I could finish up the good thrashy hardcore punk stuff I have,work on more and shove it down they'er throats..or I could write crappy,chorus crazy,commercial punk stuff I'm not happy with and make them happy...what should I do?

Also...everything about cappy blink/green day punk is cliche right down to the riffs.If I must write and play pu*sy punk then it has to be different...a little harder..with different lyric topics,but I get stuck falling into the same chord proggresions,starting them on the same root and the cliche crap sound rears its ugly head.If I attempt to make things a little more complex(odd timeing,different grooves and such)it becomes "not pus*y enough" and sounds out of place....theres no good medium.

Bottom line I guess is that I want the band to be a relentless as*kicking barrage of complex riffs,thought out solos,sick harmonys and meaning full lyrics....simple,happy,catchy sh*t seems to be my friends agenda...and I'm the songwriter!AHHH!!!

It should also be noted that these guys are my best friends and not expendable...I'd take a bullet for them.

ughhhhh...

Later! \m/
Try once,fail twice...
# 2
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/24/2003 4:36 am
Originally posted by Hammurabi
Why does it feel like you just got a novocaine shot after chugging cold expresso?

I only get that after chugging cold Rumpleminz.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/24/2003 7:03 am
Originally posted by chucklivesoninmyheart
Bottom line I guess is that I want the band to be a relentless as*kicking barrage of complex riffs,thought out solos,sick harmonys and meaning full lyrics....simple,happy,catchy sh*t seems to be my friends agenda...and I'm the songwriter!AHHH!!!

It should also be noted that these guys are my best friends and not expendable...I'd take a bullet for them.

Sounds like you're in a pickle. Do your bandmates know how you feel about this? Tell them that you'd rather be the worst rocker in the world than to be the best punker in the world.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 4
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
09/24/2003 12:09 pm
I just can't do the coffee thing... to me it just tastes like ****, and if I wanted to drink ****, I would just do like the dog does and drink from the toilet.... of course I wouldn't get the caffiene rush from doing that. So maybe thats what it's like to drink decaf...
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 5
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
09/24/2003 11:44 pm
u probably dont have a high tolerance to the coffee. Keep drinking it like a champ and soon you will need it just to stay normal like my father does. He drinks even before he goes to bed!
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 6
TheDirt
TheDirt
09/24/2003 11:53 pm
I definately stay away from coffee... However, I just fell in love with this drink called the "White Hot Chocolate". It's steamed milk and white cocoa, with a shot of frnech vanilla and sugar. Yummy.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 7
sambob
sambob
09/25/2003 1:45 am
I love espresso drinks.

My favorite would be the a Dead Russian (as a friend of mine calls it, simply for how strange it tastes).

1 shot espresso (fine grind)
1 shot vodka
1 ounce bailey's irish creme
1 ounce kaluah
# 8
u10ajf
u10ajf
09/25/2003 2:27 am
Hmm. you stay away from coffee and drink chocolate? Why? Do you think that stimulants before bedtime are bad for you. Well, bad news, chocolate contains a stimulant called theobromine. Better off drinking horlicks or warm milk before bedtime. That said I don't drink anything 'cause I wake up with nightmares, nature's way of telling me I need to wee.
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 9
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
09/25/2003 5:07 am
I should try a steamer sometime. It's a latte no expresso. I work at a coffee shop, so I can try anything I want that doesn't require bringing alcohol on campus.

I'm gonna make myself one of those white chocolate things this week. Sounds good.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 10
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/25/2003 6:54 am
After randomly drinking coffee for the last 10+ years,I can say that it does NOTHING to wake/keep me up.Ive heard caffeine pills will,but thay can you make stomach sick.I dont exactly have important exams or finals or anything such as that so I dont think I'll need stimulants.I'll stick to my good friends called "downers".
Try once,fail twice...
# 11
Digit
Digit
09/25/2003 12:31 pm
I stopped drinking coffee cause it makes my eyelids twitch...
seriously... I look like I've got little alien nanobots trying to bust their way out of my face.
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.