Ultra exercise!

chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/22/2003 6:33 pm
This has been doing wonders for me...
I saw adrian smith do it for some interview or somthing.Do it every day for an hour...you'll be flying in no time.

Do this everywhere on the fret board.Just pick the note before the 'initial' pull off of each 'flurry'.Use all four fingers to do this exercise since the point is to build speed and dexerty in while using ALL your fingers.Make sure your index and middle finger remain on the fretboard while doing the flurrys(exept when you need to do the first flurry with your index and middle finger obviously).Go as slow as you need to so the notes sound clearley.You might want to do this routine with no distortion(or any exercise for that matter).

E-4p3h4p3h4p3h4p3-5p4h5p4h5p4h5p4-6p5h6p5h6p5h6p5----
B-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-5p4h5p4h5p4h5p4-repeat------
B-----------------------------------------------
G-----------------------------------------------
D-----------------------------------------------
A-----------------------------------------------
E-----------------------------------------------

Hope this helps somebody!

Later! \m/

Try once,fail twice...
# 1
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
09/23/2003 6:37 am
thats cool - you can also extend it to all finger combunations like 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 1-3, 1-4 and 2-4

and its called "triller" or "trill" not flurry - thats the mcdonalds stuff *LOL*

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 2
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/23/2003 8:44 pm
LMFAO!!Thats right.I refrained from using "trill" as thats often associated with shredding(picking the notes while hammering on and puuling off)....I dont know...Thats what comes to mind when I think of "trill"."Flurry" brings to my mind a fast set of clean notes...and chocolate,peanut butt...ah hell!
Try once,fail twice...
# 3
Evo
Evo
09/23/2003 9:33 pm
I have Dimebag's book 'Riffer Madness' and he does that exercise to warm up before he plays. He starts on the first fret 6th string and hammers on - pulls off a couple of times then goes across the strings then comes back up the strings on the 2nd n 3rd fret n so on up the neck then the same with each finger till it burns.

I do it now I only go as far as the 12th fret at the moment coz I don't play that much and don't wanna tire my fingers. It's improved my finger strength and has speeded up my hammer-ons and pull-offs.
# 4
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/24/2003 5:50 am
Ive been doing that exercise exclusivly just so I can nail that first big run in the solo of 'domination' from pantera.It would make sense that dime uses that to fire up.Its one of the few exercises that have givin me results.
Try once,fail twice...
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.