View post (What's your favorite style and why?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
01/05/2001 10:54 pm
Well, I really don't like to settle on one particular style during those impulsive practice sessions, I just like to rely on my ear and whatever fits the arrangment that I'm working on, I would have to go as far in saying that a good ear is a musicians most valuable asset. Once you can take yourself to that certain point where everything stands still and nothing matters, a point where you can transfer the music you hea in your head through your fingers, you've got it made. A point of self discovery based on your unwillingness to compromise to what is considered acceptable. [b] But I must say, whenever it comes time to solo, I rely on a rather bluesy feel, I guess its just what sounds good to me, and that particular style ties together nicely with just about whatever I'm working on, it sounds real.

I guess overall, I'm inspired by alot of the bands from the late sixties through early seventies, Led Zeppelin, Credence Clearwater, The Beatles, around this time the bands were given more freedom to be themselves and get across their ingenuous message. Also it had alot to do with the fact that they knew more about rock music than the hot shot producers around that time, but now it seems ;like its just a big guessing game as to who can score the next big act. It has really made a mockery out of everything that used to be respectable in the rock industry, its more than obvious that the top rock bands of today have impure intentions based primarily on money...Not to say that there arent any good acts out today, but its getting much easier to differentiate rockstars from musicians...

-Joseph :)

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."