More Information to assist in creating backing tracks

john_m_clinton
Full Access
john_m_clinton
Full Access
04/15/2024 6:31 pm

I could not find how to get to Anders forum but maybe this will get to him.

I was very interested in seeing the lesson recently about how to work into backing tracks.  The visual on my computer was not to where I could enlarge this enough to follow along.  The presentation also covered a great deal and when by very fast. As a starting point, can you suggest programs and OS that will support such programs?  From there I would find it interesting on how to create my "other guitar friends" so that I can get more experience.

Thanks,  JC

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/15/2024 6:46 pm

This is the direct link to Anders's forum.

https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/c/51

You can also get there by going to the main forum landing page.

https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/

And scrolling down to the individual instructor forums on the lower section.

Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
ScubaCPA
Full Access
ScubaCPA
Full Access
04/16/2024 5:58 pm

If you want to play along with an original recording as a backing track, you may want to look at the Moises app.  It allows you to remove (or significantly dampen - you choose what percent) the guitar part from an original recording. And then save it as an mp3 file.  I’m getting a real kick out of playing Day Tripper with the Beatles, Satisfaction with the Stones, etc ….  Not only fun, but I’m finding it a great practice tool to work on my timing.  Ringo is my drummer!

Gary

[Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro (2), Fender Player Stratocaster (2), Fender Player Telecaster (2), Squire CV 60's Stratocaster, Hamer Ecotone, Yamaha APX600 (2), Epiphone ES-339, GTX-100 (2), Spark 40 (2), Spark Mini.]

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.