The Competition

Quinn66Q
Quinn66Q
03/29/2024 11:52 pm

Has anyone tried TrueFire Studios?   Seeing how Truefire, Jamplay and Artist works are all under the same banner now "TrueFire Studios". 
It doesn't leave much competition out there for guitar lessons.   Guitar tricks seems to be losing members on a regular basis as more songs vanish from their master list and some of the lessons are quite dated now (2010) and haven't really been updated.

My subscription is due to expire Mid April 2024 and I have already cancelled my renewal, unfortunately I don't find much on the GT site to keep my interest.  I'm more into Rockabilly and Surf Music and there isn't much in either Genre here. 

Does Guitar Tricks have a plan to revitalize their guitar site? 

I see plenty of spam for Guitar Tricks on you tube, and else where for this site to the point of ad nauseum.  I'd rather see healthy competition in the online guitar lesson market, but it appears TrueFire is hell bent on dominating the market.

edited
# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
03/30/2024 12:15 am

I'm a member of both. If you are switching for songs I would check out the catalogue 1st. 

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
allenbary
Full Access
allenbary
Full Access
03/30/2024 1:33 am

I have TrueFire for a year now, but keep GT only for Anders lessons.  

I am learning both guitar and bass 

# 3
Bobk42
Full Access
Bobk42
Full Access
04/03/2024 12:28 am
#1 Originally Posted by: Quinn66Q

Has anyone tried TrueFire Studios?   Seeing how Truefire, Jamplay and Artist works are all under the same banner now "TrueFire Studios". 
It doesn't leave much competition out there for guitar lessons.   Guitar tricks seems to be losing members on a regular basis as more songs vanish from their master list and some of the lessons are quite dated now (2010) and haven't really been updated.

My subscription is due to expire Mid April 2024 and I have already cancelled my renewal, unfortunately I don't find much on the GT site to keep my interest.  I'm more into Rockabilly and Surf Music and there isn't much in either Genre here. 

Does Guitar Tricks have a plan to revitalize their guitar site? 

I see plenty of spam for Guitar Tricks on you tube, and else where for this site to the point of ad nauseum.  I'd rather see healthy competition in the online guitar lesson market, but it appears TrueFire is hell bent on dominating the market.

I belong to both Guitar Tricks and Truefire.  I like Truefire but just speaking for myself it can be a little overwhelming depending what you're trying to learn. There is a vast amount of material on their website and I'm sure there's a little something for everyone, from beginner to advanced players. In my opinion their song library is decent but their song lesson videos are taught in a different style.  Not bad, but different that Guitar Tricks style.  I preferred GT's style. Unfortunately the writing is on the wall for Guitar Tricks and that's why so many people, including myself, are jumping ship.  GT already has one foot in the grave and after they took away those most recent 330 songs it was the final straw for a lot of us. Over the 15 years I've been with GT they've eliminated songs without warning so this wasn't the first time and probably won't be the last.   I recommend you try Truefire's 14 day free trial and see if you like it, if you do like it they're always running discounts throughout the year and in my case I'm locked into a $99 a year subscription price.

# 4
Quinn66Q
Quinn66Q
04/03/2024 10:04 am

Great thank you for the responses.  

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.