Music is what feelings sound like

GLynch4574
Full Access
GLynch4574
Full Access
01/29/2024 10:39 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been reading some impressive stories on the forum. The one embracing thing in common that binds you all  is your love to share knowledge and technique as we continue our journey into the guitar.🎸 

I am a 65 year old man living in Yorkshire, UK 🇬🇧.I have had weekly lessons for the last 3 years and I still have a poor repertoire of songs. I have played guitar for 6 years in total. I love musical theory as I love knowing why I am doing specific finger placements on guitar, rather than rely on just chord shapes. I play a Tanglewood  acoustic guitar which consists of solid Engelmann spruce and solid rosewood back and sides .It plays beautifully..but I don’t 😀I have been very impressed with Lisa and Anders in their superb informative videos in Level 1 Guitar Fundamentals.

My music tastes are varied from David Bowie, REM, Supertramp ,Gary Moore, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, and Beatles.

One of my aims is to increase my sense of rhythm 🎶 and timing ⏱️ on songs. I had a stroke 3 years ago and this affects my perception of time. I am confident that GT have enough material, advice, and videos to develop my improvement. I believe strumming is an area to develop too.

Thats it for now. I look forward to your friendship and musical advice as we all continue our guitar journey.

Someone once said  "Being good at guitar is not about playing fast ,it's about thinking fast" 

Gordon 

edited
# 1
jamesgordon463
jamesgordon463
03/01/2024 7:15 am

Wow! Sounds amazing. Nice to meet you 😄

fnaf 2

edited
# 2
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/02/2024 2:06 pm

Hi Gordon,

SO happy to know you've been enjoying the lessons so far!
Welcome!!
-Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 3
GLynch4574
Full Access
GLynch4574
Full Access
03/03/2024 7:18 am
#2 Originally Posted by: jamesgordon463

Wow! Sounds amazing. Nice to meet you 😄

fnaf 2

Thanks James.Its a great GT welcome 🎸

# 4
GLynch4574
Full Access
GLynch4574
Full Access
03/03/2024 7:42 am
#3 Originally Posted by: LisaMcC

Hi Gordon,

SO happy to know you've been enjoying the lessons so far!
Welcome!!
-Lisa

Thanks Lisa.I always make a habit of listening to your chord theory magic audio work that came as a bonus for joining GT.

Last night I went to a Nirvana tribute night and got chatting to a fellow guitarist in audience.We discussed the drop D tunings for some of them iconic Cobain songs.Then we talked about keys of the songs and I then subtlety used your rainbow 🌈 metaphor ( 7 wooden beads) to explain the Major scale.Thanks for this Lisa.I have just finished Level 1 fundamentals which you illuminated areas..I thought that I had previously understood.Now I do…!

Gordon 

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.