Old singer, new guitarist!

josephare
Full Access
josephare
Full Access
11/12/2023 7:35 pm

I'm Joe, been in bands for many years, but as a vocalist. My only guitar playing has been in home studio or just noodling. I feel stuck and don't really have time for formal lessons. At my own pace, I am hoping I can drill into what's here and elevate my current ability (which is low-intermdiate at best).

Thanks!

www.joere.com

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
11/12/2023 8:58 pm

You might want to reach out to Christopher, he is one of the instructors and has his own forum. Maybe go over what you know now and what you want out of it. 

Good luck with it. 

Edit:

I checked out your website which leads to your YouTube channel. You're definitely more advanced and probably just want to get into the more complicated stuff which Christopher can definitely guide you through. I doubt you would gain anything but boredom from Fundamentals.

edited

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
florencepugh
florencepugh
02/26/2024 2:43 am

Hi Joe,

You should take time to work on fundamental skills such as chord changes, strumming patterns, and fingerpicking techniques. Building a strong foundation will make learning more advanced concepts easier in the long run. Buckshot Roulette

# 3
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/28/2024 3:24 pm

Hi Joe,

Welcome! I'm sure you will find all sorts of great stuff here to help you become a more solid guitar player. 

And I hope you have a ton of fun with it!

-Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.