Anyone considering 1 on 1 lessons?

jlew523
Full Access
jlew523
Full Access
09/23/2023 2:16 am

Hey there,

Has anyone done one on one lessons with the instructors, or currently considering it? Just trying to gauge whether it’s valuable in addition to the what I’m already paying yearly. 

Thanks!

# 1
innocci
innocci
09/25/2023 6:20 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: jlew523

Hey there,

Has anyone done one on one lessons with the instructors, or currently considering it? Just trying to gauge whether it’s valuable in addition to the what I’m already paying yearly. 

Thanks!

One on one on be very beneficial, you have someone you can ask questions. It may take a while to find the instructor that works for you. Some people are good guitar players, who teach, but are not good teachers. Don't feel obliged to stay with an instructor. I finally found a great theory instructor, who took my playing, and understanding to a different level. Yes, I think it can be very beneficial, but you may have to try a few different instructors until you find the one that works for you. 

# 2
martiniconqueso
Full Access
martiniconqueso
Full Access
09/28/2023 2:02 pm
#2 Originally Posted by: innocci

One on one on be very beneficial, you have someone you can ask questions. It may take a while to find the instructor that works for you. Some people are good guitar players, who teach, but are not good teachers. Don't feel obliged to stay with an instructor. I finally found a great theory instructor, who took my playing, and understanding to a different level. Yes, I think it can be very beneficial, but you may have to try a few different instructors until you find the one that works for you. 

I did a series of one-on-one lessons with a local instructor. The thing it really helped me with was theory. Part of the reason it worked for me was that I had already spend over a year working through GuitarTricks content and had a good solid base to start from. And for learning new songs I think GuitarTricks is pretty tough to beat.

edited

=Keith

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.