View post (A gift from D'Addario)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
09/20/2023 6:18 pm

Following daily Forum posts by spammers, innocuous but not meaningful AI-generated posts by one-time users, and individual members complaining every 72 hours about the loss of song lessons, here's something different.

I got a package in the mail today from D'Addario.  'Uh oh', I thought, 'I didn't order anything.'  I was concerned that I had been set up with some kind of subscription without my knowledge or permission. But, happily, no.

It was a complementary, single set of acoustic strings, probably sent because I once bought some strings directly from D'Addario (only once... I went back to Elixir).  This set is different, sez the note included in the package.  After all wordage about how these XS strings came to be, the claim is made that "XS lacks the muffled tones normally associated with coated strings because the film that protects it is roughly 10x thinner than human hair.  Instead of coating the sound, this material elegantly fuses to the wrap wire so every note can truly breath."  

I assume these are a new addition to the D'Addario line up, nomenclature XS Acoustic Phosphor Bronze XSAPB1253.  It'll be some time before I try them out as the current stings on my acoustic still have some hours to live (and I really don't like changing strings).

Anyhoo... I got a guitar freebie today and it's still a few weeks to my birthday.  Wish all of you the same.

john

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins