INTRO TO THE 12 BAR FORM

brad1962
Full Access
brad1962
Full Access
07/31/2023 9:55 am

Just started the introduction to the Blues section with the intro to the 12 Bar Form. I never really had an interest in playing blues but really enjoyed the 'bluesy chords' lesson in Fundamentals 2, presented by Anders, so thought I'd give it a go. I absolutely enjoyed the sound so had a look at the Blues style level 1.  Then thought I should practice a song (as Anders said) and I am currently learning Sweet Home Chicago with Caren Armstrong. For some reason I thought the Blues, country, rock and acoustic style sections were beyond me at thi stage, but they are not. There is so much to learn in Fundamentals 1 and 2 and I felt like I was never going to get to these other sections. However when I did, it was like opening a door to discovering different styles with achievable introductory lessons. I wish I had had a look earlier. Thank you Guitar Tricks!

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
08/03/2023 6:00 pm

Thank you Brad for sharing your story with us! We love to hear about members improvement. You never know what you can accomplish until you try. šŸ¤˜

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
quan.ganhkop01
quan.ganhkop01
08/10/2023 9:14 am

Hello, Started exploring the Blues section after enjoying the 'bluesy chords' lesson. Initially believed Blues, country, rock, and acoustic were advanced, but found introductory lessons manageable and enriching. Currently learning "Sweet Home Chicago." Grateful to Guitar Tricks for expanding horizons.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.