Hi from a guitar beginner from India

sabarirjpm
Full Access
sabarirjpm
Full Access
06/30/2023 3:13 pm

Hi Guys

I am from India and just signed up on guitar tricks. Wanted to introduce myself to the community. I have a Acoustic guitar and an absolute beginner. Is there a learning path some where for beginners to first land on? 

Sabari

# 1
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
06/30/2023 4:53 pm

Welcome Sabari!

The best place to start is the “Beginners” section on the main page a start with the Fundamentals courses.  I suggest you faithfully go through that (it is fun!) and then after completing the Fundamental courses you can choose one of the “style” course.  While going through Fundamentals, you’ll be able to look at the songs available at the beginner level (one pick) to add some variety to your study.

Enjoy the ride-

Rumble Walrus

# 2
sabarirjpm
Full Access
sabarirjpm
Full Access
06/30/2023 6:21 pm
#2 Originally Posted by: Rumble Walrus

Welcome Sabari!

The best place to start is the “Beginners” section on the main page a start with the Fundamentals courses.  I suggest you faithfully go through that (it is fun!) and then after completing the Fundamental courses you can choose one of the “style” course.  While going through Fundamentals, you’ll be able to look at the songs available at the beginner level (one pick) to add some variety to your study.

Enjoy the ride-

Rumble Walrus

Hi Rumble. 

Thanks a lot. Will work on it. 

Sabari

# 3
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/01/2023 9:51 pm

Hi Sabari!

Welcome!

Just to let you know there are TWO Absolute Beginners courses to choose from, and both take you right from the start, all the way to having really solid foundational skills on the guitar.

One course is by Anders Mouridsen.

And the other one is by me, Lisa McCormick.

Both courses are highly rated by students - but just in case you find one feels like a better fit for you in terms of teaching-style, I thought I'd let you know.

Either way, welcome, and have a great time! -Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 4
CanalRunner
Full Access
CanalRunner
Full Access
07/04/2023 9:24 pm

Lisa, can you share a link to your beginners course. 

Thanks

A

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.