Azreal were did u?

ketsueki15
ketsueki15
07/19/2003 7:00 pm
were did u buy ur chapman stick from..i wet to stick.com and i couldnt find out how much they were or were to order..some parts of that site wernt working at the time tho...
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 1
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
07/22/2003 6:30 am
whoa.. almost overlooked this post...

i got my stick second hand. i sat at our local music store and was talking about the stick and that i want to have one, when someone said, that he knew a dude in my homecity who has a stick, but has never used it for it was too difficult for him. So i got this persons number and called him. he sold me the stick for 1000 Bucks and the thing is basically brandnew (he played it for 2 days, then he put it in a corner and there it was)

All the info on the stick IS on stick.com - including all prices and stuff. normally the sticks are at about 1,600 - 2,900 USD

But i STRONLGY recommend that you try that instrument for a day or two before you buy it - its realy different from a guitar!

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 2
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
07/22/2003 8:09 pm
thats the thing..i would like to try one used but there arnt any places around here that sell them..my best bet was goona be ebay, they had one for 900 but i dont know much bout it..i dont to take to big of risk to buy one and not like it..
i went to stick.com and everytihng was up..the only thin is there sorta pricey and its a 3-6 month wait for one..
# 3
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
07/23/2003 11:11 am
check out the stickwire mailingist - i´m sure you´ll find someone around your area who owns a stick.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 4
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
07/23/2003 9:02 pm
alright i will do that..thanx for the advice..just one more last question.. whats it feel like to play one? anytihng like piano
# 5
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
07/24/2003 6:16 am
its.. hmmmm

its a mixture of.. well - piano, guitar and bass .. some even say its a bit like percusion too for you can play very rythmically on it.. the feel with the left hand is like playing a bass just legato - its very easy to tap and feels great plus the sound is just amazing - never heard a bass sounding that great over almost any speaker. for the right hand its like 8-fingertapping on the guitar - only easier for you dont need to hit the strings that hard to produce a clean tone. you can either tap chords in the right and play basslines or melodies ín the left, or vice versa, or play both melodies or chords - the possibilities are infinite.
you can also involve your thumb and play 10-finger tapping - i also STRONGLY recommend getting Bob Culbertsons 3 instructional videos - they are worth every cent!

Mentally its alot like the piano, for you need alot of independence. but its a bit more difficult than the piano, for on the piano you do not have to concentrate on hitting the notes right - when you hit a key on the piano it always sounds right - on the stick you might hit two strings at once accidentially, or you might not hit the string propperly and cause fretbuzz - plus your hands go different directions - not only left-right but also up down since you can change strings unlike a piano where all notes are in a row.

[Edited by Azrael on 07-24-2003 at 01:21 AM]

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.