fenders

ketsueki15
ketsueki15
06/25/2003 7:27 pm
im gonna buy a fender most likly and get the next scalloped, what type fender would u guys reecomend... i know its watever feels best to me but i just wanna know wat u guys recomend
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 1
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
06/25/2003 11:34 pm
yea i checked out warmoth..i basically put my wanted guitar together there but the only thing is that im paying for it but my parents arnt fond of ordering guitar off the interent and i would like to try somthin like it before i buy it
# 2
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
06/26/2003 6:02 pm
Warmoth rocks, but you have to put it all together yourself. Thats why it saves money, basically.

I don't go with warmoth because i'm not a fan of Bolt-On Necks. My Gibson LPDC is Neck-Thru, and thats how i like it.

Alot of people do the warmoth thing, and i suppose if you had $1400 or so, you could buy 2 or 3 different ones, and get pretty good at it.

My electronics schematic that i want in a custom is very articulate and difficult to do;

3 Humbuckers, each with coil tapping, and an effects bypasser (ability for the guitar signal to ignore the effect signal coming through it, with a flip of a button. great for rhythm guitar, then flip the effects back on for lead...) and TRS outputs, allowing the volume of my effects to be on 100% volume at all times, no difference in my volume. This allows consistency.

Jerry Garcia had all of these options, and i didn't decide i wanted them because he had them; rather, it's a very neat concept, and i'd love to doodle into it!
# 3
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
06/27/2003 3:47 am
Originally posted by PonyOne
See I'm the type of guy that likes things simple. I don't like having more than 3 knobs and 2 switches on my guitars; I stripped the the 4 knobs off my Gretsch and have them all going to one concentric pot. I mean i could definitely memorize all the locations of everything, it's just easier to have it in one or two places.

The more knobs you have the more problems you'll have tone-wise... the more things the sound has to feed through to get out the more dulled it gets. It's not a HUGE difference but it's enough to annoy me, especially if it's a really sweet sounding guitar. On my Aria hollowbody, which has four pots, i left all four in but only wired two, so it looks stock, but sounds way nicer... especially with its old crappy pickups.

I've had my DC for 9 months now, but soon will be moving on, to the Gibson Les Paul Custom (or standard, maybe). The tone on the DC is good, but it doesn't sustain as long as the Standard/ Custom, doesn't have as good a tone as the standard/ custom, and overall, it just feels right to move on to the custom or standard.

About the simplicity making it sound better; This isn't true, if you use a Unity Gain Buffer with a 9 Volt battery powering it. You have to realize that these electronic schematics are not used on traditional guitars, it would sound like crap on the average guitar. These schematics are used on 13 pound guitars already chock full of tone, full of Cocobolo, Purpleheart, vermillion, and all kinds of exotic woods inbetween. My Gibson Les Paul DC has one master volume, one master tone; I like Master Volume, i'm with you there; but I DO NOT like Master Tone; When I'm singing/playing rhythm, rhythm pickup on, tone at 6 (perfect rhythm tone for this guitar), once the verse is done, i have to switch pickups, raise tone, and raise volume, just before the solo. With my articulate plan, I can have the tone already set to 10 on the bridge pickup, I can already decide if i want it coil tapped or not, so all i have to do is raise the volume to an appropriate level.

I believe what you are thinking is that it would take up so much room to hollow out for the cavity, that it would suck tone. On a normal guitar, yes i would have to agree. But not on the guitar I'm talking about (its not a fairytale either).
I recall about 6 months ago, i talked about Treble Boosting, Bass Boosting, etc. I found some guitars that had that (made by Alembic), but by the time i found them, i decided that wasn't for me.Basically, I'm a nut for options.

About the hollowbody thing; I totally agree with you on hollowbodies, though; Keep it simple, its like an acoustic guitar almost...

But I question why you don't sometimes wonder "Hm...If i had TRS outputs and the effects came through 100% volume, regardless of amp volume/guitar volume, and i could control it all with my tone control on my guitar, and in a moments notice, flip it off for rhythm parts..."
Can you see why it solves several hassles? Sure you can switch channels on a floorboard, but what if you miss, hit the wrong channel? This is easier, just a flip of a button,
fool proof. Envelope filter, think about this; The amount of the "Wah" and the tone of the wah changes depending on your playing style, right? so if you pick two notes lightly, then slam one note, it sounds out of place. with the TRS, every note has the same 'tone' for wah. Its all about consistency, and all "Wah" notes will sound much more full than they would on a standard guitar.

I can understand your simplistic ideas though; You don't want to get caught up in the electronics, just want to play music. "Keep it Simple, Stupid" as the saying goes.

Who's the self proclaimed king of long winded posts now;)

:D:D:D

haha
# 4
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
06/27/2003 4:55 pm
PonyOne, thanks for the link (www.starrlabs.com), the StarrSwitch 4+ is exactly what i was talking about, except better!

Alembic (as well as many other companies) does it with switches (they look like the coil splitter switches carvin uses), as far as switching pickups/ effects bypass. I like the StarrSwitch 4+ because its easy, you can't get confused by it whatsoever...All with the touch of your finger, so easy...Plus, theres combinations you can't have on a normal 5 way...This is how i figured it out

1. Neck Pickup
2. Neck Pickup / Middle Pickup
3. Neck Pickup / Bridge Pickup
4. Neck Pickup / Middle Pickup / Bridge Pickup
5. Middle Pickup
6. Middle Pickup / Bridge Pickup
7. Bridge Pickup

you can't get 3 and 4 on a strat! you can get poition 3 on a les paul though.

Beyond that, is my famed Effect Bypasser. The Starrswitch +3 doesn't have it, but you can have it on the +4. Wow!

What i want to know about it is...What color are the LED's, and do they light up like most LED's do?

I like the Spectrum-1 too, i think Eric Clapton has something like that built into the cavity of his strat, a mid-range boost. The difference between that and this is that this is changeable, his really isn't.
# 5
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
06/27/2003 9:08 pm
im gonna be an asshole and ask how does any of the past couple posts have anytihng to do with what fender i should look into..beside warmoth
# 6
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
06/27/2003 11:30 pm
Guitartrick's Grizzled Veterans are known for long posts of wisdom and knowledge, not limited to one particular subject.

What usually happens (and happened in this case), is I thought that your question was already answered, and i started to trail off into a relative subject...Customizing your gear!

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.