View post (Hey, Schmange... (and the other Mac users on here...))

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/01/2003 6:03 am
Originally posted by ketsueki15
games is a big issue..i couldnt stand having to wait..another thing that bothers me is the dam mouse with one click button..how the hell are you supposed to do all the crap with out having another button..yes u can always hold down the apple button and click, but some games require the use of both hands constantly
Pony shed the light to ur gf or is she into graphics or somthin?

Control-click, jerkey.
Command-clicking on, say a menu bar in the Finder will allow you to navigate up directories faster than Windows could ever hope to though.

If you really need that second mouse button, two and three button scroll wheel mice are cheap, easy to find and require no extra software to work. Honestly though, I have a two button mouse at work and I really don't miss it here at home.

Learn the computer before you bash it.

And I'd really like to hear you explain how a Linux OS is slower than a bloated Microsoft OS. Especially since just about everything UNIX related is compiled specifically for the computer it's installed on.

The fact is Intel is milking every last dollar out of a 35 year old instruction set because they've got nothing to follow it up with and well, people keep buying it. Who cares if the newest P4's run the same core as the PentiumPro, we market it differently now!

One of my computer nerd friends (who lives and dies by the PC platform by the way) IMed me the other day and summed it up; Apple is shipping a 64 bit computer, PCs are 32 bit. G4's and G5's can process 128 bits of data at once, x86's can only process 64. Macs are a smoothly integrated system, PCs are a hodge-podge of manufacturuers and operating systems. Then to top it off, the G5 is just a hell of a lot more scalable than the Pentium; it's a fresher design and operates at much lower wattages so it's cooler, more efficient, and can be pushed much further in the long run.

Games will come to the Mac if Apple can ever increase it's market share. That's the hold up, not the computer or the operating system.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons