Emotive Accoustic Stuff

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
06/01/2003 10:38 pm
So far on guitar ive concentrated on hard bluesly rock, slash style of playing. But recently Ive been learning accoustic stuff, like Tears in Heaven by clapton.
Just wondering if you guys would recomend some accoustic fingerstyle songs to learn n play. I hear u mentioning laodsa guitarists i imagne to be old men on stools playing smokey clubs- well i wana learn some o that stuff!!

Kriss
# 1
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
06/02/2003 1:17 am
John Williams - Cavatina
John Williams - Romanza (Traditional)
Segovia - Recuerdos de la Alhambra (Francisco Tarrega)
Carlos Montaya - Malaguena
(Those 2 involve experience in classical guitar)
Mason Williams - Classical Gas

As for songs with singing, try
Beatles - Blackbird
Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
Don McLean - Vincent
Neil Young - Needle & The Damage Done
Extreme - More Than Words

tahts just from looking through my media player list
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 2
Grub
Grub
06/02/2003 1:58 pm
Any of Leo Kottke's stuff esp from the early 70's to 1986 when he got hand troubles. '6 and 12 string guitar' is probably his most popular. problem is , LK's stuff is not easy to learn but TABs are available on the net.

'Only'by Tommy Emmanuel is a masterclass in finger picking style.

Martin Taylor's 'Artistry', 'Portraits' and 'Solo' albums are definitive guitar only jazzers.

Adrian Legg's probably the greatest player of electro-acoustic guitar although his best CD is his most recent 'Guitar bones' played on regular acoustic.

Martin Simpson's made some excellent folk-blues-celtic stuff. all albums recommended.

Michael Hedges is probably the last word in taking the acoustic guitar to its limits. 'Aerial boundaries' is pretty much a classic among acoustic fans.

Acoustic shredding at its best - 3 CDs by Al di Meola, Pace de Lucia and John Mclaughlin. best is 'One night in San francisco'.

For flat picking you've got gypsy jazzers who are Django influenced like Bireli Lagrene and Fapy Lafertin who are excellent. Dan Crary probably plays some of the fastest and cleanest lines you'll ever hear. just listen to 'Guitar' and 'Bluegrass guitar' . Same goes for Tony Rice. On 'Devlin' and 'Backwaters' he fuses bluegrass and jazz.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.