Mystery Distortion

chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
05/29/2003 12:20 pm
No...I'm not having feedback problems.

I just heard "incantations" version of "Hell Awaits" from "Slayer".It has the most ungodly,demonic distorion ive ever heard... I MUST attain it!With some more sustain that distortion would be unrivaled!!!mwah ha ha haaa!!!
Anyway... please Dont just tell me they used an amp and effect pedals.

I need to know "what" they used to get that sound.So far ive been unsuccessful.This will bug me for a lifetime!!!

Later!(mwah ha ha haaa!)
Try once,fail twice...
# 1
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
05/29/2003 5:18 pm
i'm not sure for that particular song. guitarworld diagramed his rig in an issue a couple months ago. you might want to check it out.

btw, the "chuck" in your name, is that for chuck schuldiner?
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 2
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
05/29/2003 6:49 pm
Yep...Chucks my heroe
He wrote my very thoughts,opinions and feelings like no other artist ever could.I could be guilty of relating to his music "lyrically" more than "musically" which I NEVER do(though I do consider him a guitar god)
The shear genius of his work is beyond me
Definitley my biggest influence...music and otherwise
Try once,fail twice...
# 3
frettycrouger
frettycrouger
05/29/2003 10:26 pm
Dont tell me some idiot actually quoted what is in your sig? :(
I feel bad for whoever said that.
Pray for Jason Becker
# 4
theeshredder
theeshredder
05/30/2003 7:25 am
well i read about his rig in a guitar world mag, and he said that he doesnt scoop his mids he does the opposite. he uses a rack mounted 16 or 18 band eq and he uses it to boost the mids. your not alone on that tone i to am on that same journy i want a slayer/pantera sound once i get the tone of both together jesus better hide.
"to shred or not to shred that is thee question"
# 5
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
05/30/2003 2:51 pm
Thanks dude!^L^

and to fretty up there... Yup.That signature is for real!!!
My friend since gradeschool.He said that during an argument.I said that rap is nothing more than sampled loops and self glorifying lyrics with no talent.That was his failing reply after he silently admitted rap had no talent.I still laugh at him for that!
Try once,fail twice...
# 6
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
05/30/2003 3:02 pm
Oh yeah
the dude who had his rig in guitar world.Is his name John McEntee?
Try once,fail twice...
# 7
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
05/31/2003 12:18 am
no, sorry it's just Kerry King's. i know that's not what you're looking for, but it maybe a good place to start
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.