Buying a guitar.... IBANEZ!!!

winghoong
winghoong
11/09/2000 3:44 pm
HI everyone.... I am an intermediate guitarist and i play ROck and blues ... i am using a Squier Strat now..but i want to buy a new guitar...
Wat you all think i should buy??
I am thinking to buy an IBANEZ RG series... or IBANEZ Paul Gilbert Model(PGM)... coz i likes those heavy and rock sounds..
And also...how about the EPIPHONE LESPAUL STANDARD ...i like the cutting and the rythm and trebble sound...

wat u all think??
please give me your opinion..hehehe..
thank you very much,,,

THong Wing Hoong
# 1
MajorA
MajorA
11/09/2000 11:11 pm
it would be an Ibanez. Not a Ibanez. :)
Sounding better is in your head ,not your amp.
# 2
Rat520
Rat520
11/10/2000 5:10 am
I don't kknow if you can get them overseas, but i would look at Maton Mastersounds. Maton are an australian company and they ship all over the world. The guitars are great with rare australian woods and rare pick ups.

http://www.maton.com.au
"You know, we do more than just sing and dance. We've got a brain, too."
Backstreet Boys
# 3
winghoong
winghoong
11/12/2000 3:28 pm
What you all think about IBANEZ guitars sounds for ROCK and ROLL ..also for HEAVY METAL type of music...???

Besides that??? What you all think using IBANEZ to play Blues types of music??
And also by adjusting pickups selector and adjusting the tone...can we get Gibson and Fender sound from an IBANEZ RG???

Thanks for replying..

# 4
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
11/18/2000 5:32 pm
You can get a variety of sounds out of an Ibanez. That's why Steve Vai uses them. Just go play one and I guarantee you'll love it. As long as it's not a cheap a$$ Ibanez.
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 5
winghoong
winghoong
11/18/2000 8:27 pm
Hi everyone... I just bought a new IBANEZ guitar !!
Its an IBANEZ Paul Gilbert Model (PGM Series) - PGM 30...
It sounds great ...i bought around US $600 here...in my country ...MALAYSIA..
It really sounds fierce...i love it..only one thing...this PGM model dont have a tone control..coz the tone of this guitar had reached the maximum..(according from what the salesman told me)..
So..what you all think about this guitar???

And i am thinking to get an effect profecessor here...a multieffects...
i am thinking to get a Zoom GFX 707...or maybe a KORG processor..what you all think?? thank you ..

thanks....hehe

have a nice day....
# 6
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
11/20/2000 8:36 am
Korg is the same as Boss, which is the same as Roland. Anything they make is good. Anything made by Zoom or DOD, in my opinion, is crap. They all put the same chips in their effects. They also could care less about sound quality. Go with Boss, Korg, or Roland.
# 7
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/20/2000 4:27 pm
Has Ibanez changed manufacturers since the 1970's? I remember one of my first guitars was an ash blonde Ibanez Artist and within just a few months the neck warped so bad I couldn't play it. I've sworn off them ever since but people still seem to give them high marks for quality. Have they improved over the years or did I just get a crap guitar?
# 8
winghoong
winghoong
11/20/2000 10:13 pm
Okay...i think Ibanez quality is quite good and acceptabble coz..as one of these leading guitars manufactures, sure they went thru quality control...and these made them so popolar..(IMHO..maybe??).hehe...Steve Vai using an Ibanez, Satriani using Ibanez, Paul GIlbert using Ibanez, and tones of hardcore thrash players outthere like Head and munky also wes borland using ibanez...

But i opine also that a Fender Strat clean sounds..really unbeatable..i will get a US Strat one day(when i got the money)...thats wat they call it the legendary "fender' sound....hehehe

My cousin using an Ibanez Artist... cool....great guitar...and its very expensive here....i like the fierce sounds..from IBANEZ!!
# 9
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
11/21/2000 7:20 pm
I think Ibanez was considered a crappy guitar for some years up until Steve Vai started endorsing them. After they put out his signature model they probably just had enough money to start making better quality guitars.
# 10
KingB
KingB
11/22/2000 6:13 am
Scmange, I have a couple of Ibanez Rg series strats, one I have had over 10 years and had to weather alot, and I still play live with it, I have a Jackson as well, but I love Ibanez.
# 11
winghoong
winghoong
11/23/2000 6:05 pm
Hi everybody...I just bought a ZOOM GFX 707 Multieffects Processor few days ago!!! and found its great!!

I mean..its worth...its quite cheap and affortable..comapring those roland , or korg, or Boss stuffss!! and one thing..its great..and i am really happy with it!

It has 30 preset patches~!!! and 30 other 30 user patches that we can change and edit..or build the effects ourself...and save on it!

The distortion sounds its great...the clean also great..and i t has an amp simulator..so my little Peavey Transtube can be emulated to sounds like a stack amp or a combomix amp..hehe..great...isnt t??

also..they build in a drum machine there...also some metronomes..

and the record sampler and jam play features..that we can record our own playing and jam along with it..hehe..

also..they are patches..on the internet that we can find and just follow it edit..and save..adn we got a new wwanted sound lor..(like i get the slash les paul sounds...and also the jimi hendrix blues style..hehe..)

okler...wat u all think??
its worth around US 160....new..worth isnt it??

but y u all sey that it sounds sucks...but i think its great..???

okie..
wat u all think???

thanks..

winghoong
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.