Utter disgrace at my first gig

andy82
andy82
03/27/2003 1:31 am
:(
I had my first gig at a comp last saturday
well everyone stuffed up their parts including me on
the solo (Playing Shine by Mr Big).

Major contribuing fact to the major stuff up was the drummer, who was on an ego trip. The fact that he had some students competing with us in the comp, he felt that he needed to add some unexpected last minute "flavour" to add.

The freakin' guy was playing twice as fast and threw everyone off tempo. I got a huge hangover from the trauma I got from the shock (there were other guys who kicked arse too which add to our shame haha :)). I didn't know whether to love my guitar or to chuck it away.

Miraculously, I've got a finals coming up this saturday again (can't believe we made it).

Anyone else here have a bad first gig exprience? :)
# 1
chris mood
High Bandwidth
chris mood
High Bandwidth
03/27/2003 5:51 am
I sprained my knee the day before my first big gig (It was a big field party being held by one of my brothers friends) and the doctor gave me codein (sp?). Well I took a couple about an hour before we went on and while I was playing guys were handing me beers to drink. About 45mins into playing I couldn't even stand anymore, the bass player was literally holding me up. After about an hour they asked us to stop. -LOL-
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.