Texas Special for people who KNOW pickups

Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
03/11/2003 11:50 pm
I just got a set of fender texas special pickups and the metal pole peices are coated with enamil. This is fine, after all i know of many pickups coated with hard enamal, but i dont know what exactly it accopmlishes. Well my question is, its looks to be a sloppy job as one of the pole pieces is half coated with enamal and the other half is not. Will this cause a signifigant deterant to sound!?!? What should i do before i put them in? any help would be great!
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
03/12/2003 2:18 am
That enamel coating is just there to prevent rust. It has [u]no[/u] effect on the magnetic circuit that produces the sound. To some extent, it may help by preventing loose magnets from vibrating in the bobbins. I suggest you get some clear fingernail polish, and dab a little bit on the uncovered area, to seal it up. Clear fingernail polish is one of those little 'trade secret' things. It works very well to repair dings on guitars, damaged speaker cones, and all manner of gear.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
03/12/2003 4:49 am
thanks alot lord of the strings, you set my mind at ease and save me some trouble!

WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.