Hello all. Trying it again from California.

ScottDVV62
Full Access
ScottDVV62
Full Access
06/14/2023 5:27 am

I am a senior citizen who has always loved the guitar, but waited until I was a senior to try and learn to play it. I was a great fan of the rock bands of the 60s and 70s, and still have a few old albums. My favorite groups were Santana, Rare Earth, Cream, Grand Funk Railroad, Steppenwolf, Led Zeppelin, the Guess Who, and Jimi Hendrix. I also liked funk bands such as Sly and the Family Stone, James Brown, and Funkadelic. I still enjoy the music from that era and want to begin playing some of those songs to entertain friends and maybe eventually play in an oldies focused band. If anyone has any advice about practicing and what to work on, I am all ears. I did not follow through with the lessons last year, but now I am truly motivated. I have taken in person lessons in the past and currently have an instructor on Zoom as well. I wish you all many years of fun an enjoyment with the guitar and hope I can attain my goals. I am giving it my best shot.

# 1
Drake the Red
Full Access
Drake the Red
Full Access
06/15/2023 12:12 pm

Very inspirational story; thanks for sharing. My initial advice would be to focus on one curriculum as too many can often overwhelm and confuse beginners entirely. Guitar Tricks has a very structured programme, developed over many years. It's very intensive now and you really can't go wrong. Glad you made the right choice to join our community šŸ˜‰ 

Welcome aboard,

Chris aka Drake the Red

Am I the only one who plays multiple instruments? Let's be inspirational and find our muses everyday!

# 2
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
06/15/2023 5:10 pm

Woo hoo Scott!  Welcome back!

Drake is spot on.  Pick something and jump in.

# 3
Drake the Red
Full Access
Drake the Red
Full Access
06/15/2023 10:13 pm
#3 Originally Posted by: Rumble Walrus

Woo hoo Scott!  Welcome back!

Drake is spot on.  Pick something and jump in.

Amen, brother!

Am I the only one who plays multiple instruments? Let's be inspirational and find our muses everyday!

# 4
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/18/2023 6:27 pm

Bravo, Scott! Have a ton of fun with this!

-Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.