VOX VT20X. What means what?

Andrei_Sheremet
Andrei_Sheremet
06/04/2023 10:22 pm

Good day,

I am pretty new to the world of music, so could you please explain to me what button means what on my amplifier? It is not like I am lazy and can not google it myself, I just don't understand the explanation on the Internet. For example, ''middle'' : it changes the tune of middle frequencies; wow, thanks, it explains a lot. I mean I do recall a few physics lessons from school, so I understand that sounds depends on frequency of the waves, but how exactly ''in words'' it changes the tune of the guitar?  Or why do I have 3 buttons for volume: volume, power level and gain? 

In advance, thanks for help.

# 1
manXcat
manXcat
06/04/2023 10:46 pm

Read 1 & 2, watch 3 & RTM. From there it's just time and hands on familiarity.

1. Guitar Amp Settings and Controls: A Step by Step Guide

2. Vox Amp Settings: How to Use a Vox Amp

3. Vox VT20X 1x8" Combo Amp Review

If all else fails, RTFM here -click on the "documents" hotlink and follow the bouncing ball.

# 2
fuzzb0x
fuzzb0x
06/05/2023 8:46 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: Andrei_Sheremet

Good day,

I am pretty new to the world of music, so could you please explain to me what button means what on my amplifier? It is not like I am lazy and can not google it myself, I just don't understand the explanation on the Internet. For example, ''middle'' : it changes the tune of middle frequencies; wow, thanks, it explains a lot. I mean I do recall a few physics lessons from school, so I understand that sounds depends on frequency of the waves, but how exactly ''in words'' it changes the tune of the guitar?  Or why do I have 3 buttons for volume: volume, power level and gain? 

In advance, thanks for help.

to put it in very simple terms bass controls the low frequencies, treble controls the high end frequencies and middle does the frequencies in between them both, gain controls how loud the input signal is (do not confuse this with volume) turn it up it gets more distorted, turn it down it cleans up. The power level control i would imagine does some tone shaping on the pre amp section and volume controls the signal coming out of the amplifier after all the tone shaping has taken place but really i wouldn't get too bogged down in what does what you need to learn how to dial in a decent tone and that will mainly come from experimenting.

# 3
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
06/05/2023 9:54 pm

This is a very nice amp. It will be worth your while to read the manual to get an idea of what it is capable of and then try out the various settings. I have the 15 watt version. 

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 4
cropboltrope
cropboltrope
06/26/2023 2:29 am

This article is worth learning and finding out more information 

geometry dash unblocked 

# 6
CaseyHarry
CaseyHarry
07/25/2023 7:46 am

This article is so informative

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.