View post (Katana 50W vs 100W.)

View thread

MadMaxAsteria
Full Access
MadMaxAsteria
Full Access
05/09/2023 7:05 am

Edit: Lots of great replies, thanks a bunch for the input! That video link really helped me grasp the FX loop concept much more clearly. I think I will agree with all of your good advice and stick with picking up the 50W.

---

I've been looking very closely at my next amp purchase and have been juggling these two models back and forth. Still a fairly new player (started last Dec). I only have the Mini Boss, and really like it, but am definitely craving something with proper cojones. 

Leaning heavy towards the Mk2 50W (less energy draw, smaller, cheaper)... but I was wondering if there are GT people out there who bought the 50W and regret not punching all the way to the 100W. 

What about any 50W owners out there unhappy or having problems I can't seem to find online? (I did read that one GT forum post but it seemed inconclusive to be the amp causing their issues)

I really don't plan on playing gigs or anything, this amp will travel with me on my sailing trip around the world for solo shreddage. 

Currently living in this "floating RV", I try to keep things simple and uncluttered, so the digital variety of sound available with the Katanas that allow me to reduce tons of potential pedals and plug-ins is a big draw for me.

The FX loop on the 100W is an attractive feature to solo practice with, but I'm sure there must be some pedal or something I can tag onto the 50W that can do that for me right? 

Appreciate any input!

edited

Let the shred journey begin