View post (Just how many guitars does one need...)

View thread

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
05/23/2023 10:11 pm
#17 Originally Posted by: ddiddler

William

When I did my last trade in , my salesmen explained the correct number of guitars is n+1.  n being the number currently owned. 
I was trading in an electric G&L for a classical nylon string so I think I have scratched my itch until I see a vast improvement in my playing and knowledge of guitar sounds.

So, traded in my beginner acoustic for a better quality Faith parlour which I thought would be easier to hold and play, and it is. A full size Sigma  acoustic and now a Sigma classical which I reach for the most often . For the electric I have settled on an Epiphone Les Paul . I need way more experience before I can buy another guitar knowing it to be a step up in quality and would improve my range of music.

So n+1, if it draws you to it  why resist .

Dave L

They are hard to resist Dave, and like you, I think I have that itch scratched for a long time to come. Part of this comes from a music teacher I am working with right now who suggested I should stay with one guitar while we are working on things. I think he is right in this, and this guitar just feels right in my hands. 

thanks for the reply!

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!