View post (Just how many guitars does one need...)

View thread

mjgodin
mjgodin
04/23/2023 2:42 pm

It is tempting William, but think of it this way. Do you really want to spend all your time changing all those strings. lol.

I'm down to just one now. My acoustic. Had a lower budget Tele for a bit and while a good tool to learn Barre chords with I hated the weight. Sold it then thought a semi hollow would work better so bought a Gretsch Streamliner 2622, their entry level model, but intonation was terrible on both guitars. Even after a setup it had some quirky sounds up the fretboard and it just wasn't resonating with me. Maybe its the music I mostly play. Country and folk which both the Tele and Gretsch should have complented well with, but I obviously didn't have the skills yet to put them to good use. 

Kinda confirms what Chris and your guitar teacher were saying. 

Having said that, I did try a Tele Thinline recently which has the F-holes in it and boy are they nice and light so I might give it another shot someday to learn to play like Brad Paisley ( yeah right ) , but for now I will focus on just my acoustic to get more tools in the toolbox before making another plunge. It is fun though looking at the wall of temptation whenever I walk into a guitar store.  Good Luck if you decide to get that Tele.

Moe