Hello

michael.pacheco
michael.pacheco
04/11/2023 12:54 pm

Hey all,

Intermediate guitar player here picking back up the guitar after years of not playing. Started a few beginner lessons and they were a too basic in most aspects. Wondering where I should begin? 

Michael

# 1
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
04/11/2023 1:48 pm

I always suggest those that already have guitar skills start at the beginning anyway.  One can zip through the lessons, i.e., Fundamentals, quickly if their skills are up to it and they'll probably pick up some knowledge or skills they didn't already have.  Then it's on to the genre lessons or lessons on specific techniques and theory.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 2
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/12/2023 3:56 pm

Hi Michael, 

Welcome back to the guitar!

As John suggested, you could move into studying a particular genre of music that you like.

And/or, you can look through the Songs section and see if there are some things in there you'd like to work on.

If you come up against some foundational skills or concepts that are not quite solid for you yet, you can always refer back to the section of one of the Fundamentals Courses that covers that skill or information in detail. 

Good advice, john of MT!

-Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.