Beginning Blues Guitar (week 4 of 7)

Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/22/2023 3:29 pm

Tonight's class "Beginning Blues Guitar (week 4 of 7)" (February 22, 2023 at 5:00pm PST) will wrap up 'turnarounds' from last week and introduce playing short blues licks from the pentatonic scale interspersed with rhythm guitar. Click the link below for direct access.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQfbLtU7A-Q&list=PLPYzw4Fq7AL5h5Qhns90LgaCOJU17lp2B&index=9

Hope to see you there!

-Dave

# 1
Martin Power
Full Access
Martin Power
Full Access
03/09/2023 8:17 pm

Hi Dave, I am a member of Guitar Tricks and am following your You Tube cource Begining Blues Guitar.  Can't watch it live as I am in England and the time difference doesn't make it possible.  I am trying to learn how to read the rhythm for the music. In the week 4 video how do I count the rhythm for bar 2, the A7 chord. The first note (7th fret 3 string) is beat 1. The next note is an 1/8th rest. Is this &.? I am then struggling to understand the timing for the remainder of the bar.  Your help and advise would be much appreciated.  Martin   

edited
# 2
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/10/2023 2:56 pm
#2 Originally Posted by: Martin Power

Hi Dave, I am a member of Guitar Tricks and am following your You Tube cource Begining Blues Guitar.  Can't watch it live as I am in England and the time difference doesn't make it possible.  I am trying to learn how to read the rhythm for the music. In the week 4 video how do I count the rhythm for bar 2, the A7 chord. The first note (7th fret 3 string) is beat 1. The next note is an 1/8th rest. Is this &.? I am then struggling to understand the timing for the remainder of the bar.  Your help and advise would be much appreciated.  Martin   

Hi Martin,

Thanks for checking out my YouTube Blues classes. The rhythm for all the chords (A7, D7, and E7) in week 4 is the same and comes in on beat '2' with a down strum (quarter note), then a down - up strum on beats '3 &', nothing on beat '4' (there's an '8th note' rest), and finally an up strum on the '&' of beat 4. The chord strums all come in on beat '2' and counted as follows: '2' '3&' (nothing on beat 4), '&' (the & of beat 4).

I can help you out additionally in a live 1 on 1 lesson. Here's the link to my online coaching/teaching schedule if you are interested:

https://guitartricks.as.me/schedule.php?calendarID=1274409

They are 30 and 60 minute lesson options.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave

edited
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.