View post (Hello - I am Looking for a system)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
01/06/2023 2:15 pm
#5 Originally Posted by: ran2far

Hey Jeff65, thanks for taking the time and for your thoughts. Many true words. You say Guitar Tricks is structured. Perhaps it is, perhaps I just don't see it. I meant that it would be great to order the lessons into sections, like in order to be able to do this, first do this but before that, this and so on, except the other way round 🤪 In other words, bulding abilities like a house, first the foundation, then then walls and finally the roof. Perhaps a stucture could get in the way but you could alway stray away from it if it were too tight, all the lessons are accessible here at any time. 

But playing songs, yes, absolutely. And I do. 

I guess it is also a personality thing, if you are happy to work a little here and little there and have confidence that eventually you will see the bigger picture. Or if you try to make sure you are on a path where you can be sure you are building your skill in an optimal way, that will include everyting you need to become a full musician, who is well versed in all important aspects of being a musician, well situated in the bigger picture. 

You know, just to make sure you've been to this page (don't let the beginner part fool you, it's a map of all the paths):

https://www.guitartricks.com/beginner

It's does lay out the pathways for the system and step by step stuff. I assumed you had already been to this page as the map of various pathways but, if not, here it is. If so, then it was still worth mentioning.