View post (Hello - I am Looking for a system)

View thread

ran2far
Full Access
ran2far
Full Access
01/05/2023 11:32 pm
#6 Originally Posted by: Rumble Walrus

Hi ran2far,

Fast observation followed by longer on if you care to listen to my long winded response.

1.  Long term goal:  play jazz guitar

2. Possible short term goals:  Pick 3 jazz tunes, id the key, chord progressions, mode (possibly).  Nail the rhythm playing on all 3 tunes.

3. Christopher has a strong interest in Jazz and I'm betting he could layout a curriculum of existing content here on GT.

I have a similar problem confronted with a buffet - I tend to stuff my face with whatever strikes me at that moment with no thought as to a meal plan.  That gives me passing satisfaction but doesn't contribute to good nutrition ;)

I deleted the long winded response in favor of a shorter long winded response.

Thanks Rumble Walrus,

now I am really curious what the long answer was :-)

Yeah, the buffet is a good image. Also, here you can eat too much and that aint healthy either.

Your suggestion for a short term goal sound more like a checking of skills that I learned but I have yet to learn those things and get well versed...

Do you mean that Christopher might be persuaded into making a training plan based on the material on GT? Might be worth a try. If I paid him for a private lesson or two, who knows.

Cheers to you.

edited