Neck Pickup on Tele

Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
02/23/2003 8:57 pm
When I have the gain up around 7 or 8 on my amp, and I am usuing my neck pickup, I can hear a weird sound coming from the amp. Now I can't really describe the sound, but when I am using the bridge pickup I don't hear it. This happens when I am playing or when a string is ringing. I'm sorry this is kinda vague, does anyone else get "not normal" sounds coming from the amp when using the neck pickup? It kinda sounds like:when you turn the chorus on, with the rate and depth on full, it sounds like an alien sound. Thats the sound I am getting from my amp.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/23/2003 9:58 pm
My guess is that you have a couple of harmonics 'beating' against each other. High gain settings tend to enhance the harmonics, which may also be feeding back into the guitar from your speaker. That's one of the things Hendrix used to play around with, freaking everybody out. Have fun with it. :)
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
02/24/2003 1:49 am
Thanks, maybe I will accept it and use it.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.