MInnesota Checking In

PlinkingZombie
Full Access
PlinkingZombie
Full Access
10/16/2022 11:17 pm

Hey all,

I got a guitar 20 years ago and tried learning, but school was just too much at the time so I stopped.  Since then I got married, but figured my wife would just get annoyed with the noise of me trying to learn so I never picked it up again, plus we have a bunch of kids and hobbies, so time is short :).  Getting a divorce now, so I've picked it back up and looked into getting a local teacher vs online, ....  I looked at a bunch of online stuff and finally settled on this place. 

I've been practicing on a daily basis now and enjoying the slight progress each day.  My previous experience was a lot of chord switching and single notes, which allowed me to play a Beethoven tune, but that's where I stopped.  I'm working through all the fundamentals right now and enjoying the progress and look forward to where it can take me.  I have no real background in music theory, so I think that's going to be the struggle, but it's not like that's stopped others.

I'm a fan of most styles of music, minus the real pop-y stuff, but my soul belongs to Americana, so I'm hoping to get to a point where I'm able to plink around in my backyard and play some You Are My Sunshine as a stepping stone and go from there :).  Peace!

# 1
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
10/17/2022 11:17 pm

Welcome!

You're in the right place.

Have fun!

Rumble

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.