New and loving it

Shogun Kato
Shogun Kato
09/27/2022 5:31 pm

Hi all,

Like a few people (I assume?), I picked up a guitar for the first time over the pandemic while I was unemployed. I started with Fender Play but then started working again and put the guitar down for a bit. I'm back into it with renewed determination and thankfully found GuitarTricks. So far, the lessons have been much more engaging and I'm loving it.

Looking forward to everything this journey has to offer!

# 1
Drake the Red
Full Access
Drake the Red
Full Access
09/28/2022 5:54 pm

Hey Shogun,

Welcome to GT! You've chosen a good time to join, as the lessons are far cooler, more comprehensive and far more vast than ever before. Just curious, though, what's the curriculum like over at Fender Play?

All the best for starting out on your journey here 🎸🎸🎸

Drake aka Chris.

Am I the only one who plays multiple instruments? Let's be inspirational and find our muses everyday!

# 2
a.minja.bari242
a.minja.bari242
10/08/2022 6:42 am

I'm bumping up this question. I hope someone can help.

# 3
manXcat
manXcat
10/08/2022 8:04 am
#3 Originally Posted by: a.minja.bari242

I'm bumping up this question. I hope someone can help.

?

If you're asking about a comparative betweeen Fender Play and Guitar Tricks, there isn't any.

Been with Guitar Tricks 4½+ years now. Won't find better value or practical structured online tuition out there at what it does. Thorough and in depth. There's a lot of meat in the stew. Two thumbs up. I can see myself maintaining a sub here for the next half decade at least, or death, whichever occurs first. 

I free subbed (offer) to Fender Play a couple of years ago, predominently out of curiosity. Full feature sub not crippleware trial. In comparison with Guitar Tricks it's brain dead. Superficial pizzaz with minimal substance. Brutual, but the truth. Fender Play and its presenters' presentation style is orientated to the lowest mean IQ absolute beginner of challenged attention span within a specifically targeted age window demographic. Very snowflake. Level is Gumby and lightweight. Recommended only if that sounds like you?

Having tried others over the past 4½ years whilst concurrently maintaining my Guitar Tricks sub. There's one site I prefer to Guitar Tricks, but it's modular and much much more expensive. I concurrently continue to use elements of both, along with free aspects of other commercial tutors' sites, a couple of faves for learning artist songs mainly which is an area Guitar Tricks could improve on.  But all things considered, for the money I'm not complaining. Song tutes on You Tube address that deficit. The two song tutors I like best are free On You Tube, but make a small quid out of charging a nominal fee for accompanying detailed tab if you want it. They're both outstanding tutors, and the tabs are worth the modest charge. 

Summing it up. Fender Play sub? Save your money. Guitar Tricks sub? Mandatory if you're at all serious about learning and improving at guitar. 

Based upon my experience. OMMV.  

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.