Website Update on Monday


Ben Martin
Administrator
Joined: 04/26/10
Posts: 355

Happy Friday everyone!

On Monday next week we will be releasing an update for GuitarTricks.com which refreshes the design of the website and introduces some other improvements. I think everyone is going to really enjoy the changes.

There is no downtime needed for this update, but we will need to disable forum posting for about an hour before the release. Existing forum posts will still be visible, you just will not be able to create new posts during the migration window.

If you have questions or feedback, the best method is to contact our support team here: admin@guitartricks.com

Hope everyone has a great weekend!


# 1
Ben Martin
Administrator
Joined: 04/26/10
Posts: 355

Hi guitar players! Just letting you know that we ran into an issue when we tried to release the website update today, so we will be fixing those issues and trying again tomorrow. Forum posting has been turned back on for now. Thanks for the patience while we work things out.


# 2
gary.christie5
Full Access
Joined: 08/04/22
Posts: 2

Some pop ups not working on new website update. Previous version worked a lot better..


# 3
cdmiller07
Full Access
Joined: 05/25/20
Posts: 1

I primarily use GT on PC in Chrome browser. 


Not a fan of the change in format for notation in lower left box. Previously I could get a full page notation on the lesson page. Now the only way to get full page is to popup. The previous format let me use the autoscroll function in my web browser. This wasn't perfect but it was the best way I have found to follow the songs for which GT hasn't set up auto scroll.  


 


 


# 4
rose225
Full Access
Joined: 08/24/22
Posts: 1

The Fretboard-Trainer ist working anymore since the Update hit. It finishes after 2 Questions instead of 20. 


Hoping for a quick fix 😀


# 5
Ben Martin
Administrator
Joined: 04/26/10
Posts: 355

Thanks so much for the patience everyone! The Fretboard Trainer should work again, but if it isn't please try clearing the cache on your browser. 


# 6
richieoasis
Full Access
Joined: 08/12/18
Posts: 0

backing track is not working


# 7
Ben Martin
Administrator
Joined: 04/26/10
Posts: 355
#7 Originally Posted by: richieoasis

backing track is not working

These should be working now!


# 8
stevelaba
Full Access
Joined: 11/07/20
Posts: 24
#4 Originally Posted by: cdmiller07

I primarily use GT on PC in Chrome browser. 


Not a fan of the change in format for notation in lower left box. Previously I could get a full page notation on the lesson page. Now the only way to get full page is to popup. The previous format let me use the autoscroll function in my web browser. This wasn't perfect but it was the best way I have found to follow the songs for which GT hasn't set up auto scroll.  


 


 

I also noticed that and i can only see 3 lines of bars on that screen. 


# 9
stevelaba
Full Access
Joined: 11/07/20
Posts: 24

Hi Ben, when I click in the 'Begin' button on my favorites list it does not open the lesson page. Using Chrome and also tried with safari. 


 


Steve 


# 10
compart1
Full Access
Joined: 06/27/09
Posts: 1,410
#3 Originally Posted by: gary.christie5

Some pop ups not working on new website update. Previous version worked a lot better..

I can't use double pages on the verticle layout. I do my lesson on a 32 screen do to vision problem. I can no longer read the chord name as they are mushed up. 


# 11
boigman
Full Access
Joined: 08/28/11
Posts: 11

Can you tell me how to quickly get to New Songs now?


# 12
vkowa100
Full Access
Joined: 04/21/20
Posts: 7

Is Auto Scroll still a part of GT?


# 13
Drake the Red
Full Access (Full Addict)
Joined: 10/12/11
Posts: 303
#13 Originally Posted by: vkowa100

Is Auto Scroll still a part of GT?

Yeah


Bram Stoker, as Dracula, once wrote, "Listen to them! The children of the night. What music they make! Or would you prefer the music of the Ainur? I'm inspired by the violinist in 'The Vampire Lestat.' Either way, let's listen!

# 14
Tinpan
Full Access
Joined: 03/31/20
Posts: 383

What was update to improve? Forum looks more basic and song lessons now open with description as default rather than the list. Neither strikes me add an improvement but hope to stumble across whatever it is. I sometimes think 'if if ain't broke.


# 15
vkowa100
Full Access
Joined: 04/21/20
Posts: 7

Drake, where are you finding the auto scroll feature? 


# 16
Ben Martin
Administrator
Joined: 04/26/10
Posts: 355
#10 Originally Posted by: stevelaba

Hi Ben, when I click in the 'Begin' button on my favorites list it does not open the lesson page. Using Chrome and also tried with safari. 


 


Steve 

Thanks Steve, this is fixed!


# 17
Ben Martin
Administrator
Joined: 04/26/10
Posts: 355
#16 Originally Posted by: vkowa100

Drake, where are you finding the auto scroll feature? 

The auto-scroll feature is still on lesson pages, right where it was prevously in the top-right corner of the music notation file. We tested this in the office and it works as expected. If you guys can't get it to work please let us know specifically what the issue is and we will look into it. Thanks!


# 18
Ben Martin
Administrator
Joined: 04/26/10
Posts: 355
#15 Originally Posted by: Tinpan

What was update to improve? Forum looks more basic and song lessons now open with description as default rather than the list. Neither strikes me add an improvement but hope to stumble across whatever it is. I sometimes think 'if if ain't broke.

Hey Tinpan, we had to rewrite the backend of the website for security improvements, and to make the website easier to maintain moving forward. So most of this update is stuff you can't see. Now that this is done it will be much easier for us to add new features. 


This also meant that we needed to switch forums, and we launched with a very basic version for stability. We plan to add more features in the next few weeks, so stay tuned and thanks for the patience. 


Can you tell us more about what you mean regarding the songs page? 


# 19
Ben Martin
Administrator
Joined: 04/26/10
Posts: 355
#12 Originally Posted by: boigman

Can you tell me how to quickly get to New Songs now?

Hey boigman, on the songs page click the "Sort and Filter" button at the top-right, then you can choose to sort by "newest".


# 20