Cheap Sunglasses - Hybrid Picking

DeltaVictor
Full Access
DeltaVictor
Full Access
08/22/2022 1:05 am

Mostly just want to say thanks for the Cheap Sunglasses lessons, I am having a genuine blast (slowly) learning this one. Thank you for putting in so much effort in, it is a delight. Love the tip on using the neck pickup on the dive bombs, a glimpse into the mind of Rev. Gibbons.

Do have a question related -- are there other songs with a similar hybrid picking style you'd recommend? Should I just go through more ZZ Top pieces? I am having an unwholesome amount of fun making this particular kind of noise.

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/22/2022 12:43 pm

Hey Dan - that is awesome! Thanks so much for the kind words, and I'm so glad you're digging into this one and having a ton of fun doing it!

ZZ Top's La Grange immediately comes to mind for more hybrid picking, as do Bad Moon Rising and Suspicious Minds.

Keep rockin'!

Mike

Originally Posted by: dan.vergano

Mostly just want to say thanks for the Cheap Sunglasses lessons, I am having a genuine blast (slowly) learning this one. Thank you for putting in so much effort in, it is a delight. Love the tip on using the neck pickup on the dive bombs, a glimpse into the mind of Rev. Gibbons.

Do have a question related -- are there other songs with a similar hybrid picking style you'd recommend? Should I just go through more ZZ Top pieces? I am having an unwholesome amount of fun making this particular kind of noise.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.