How does make a guitar sing songs?

vutkabilai
vutkabilai
08/17/2022 4:46 pm

this question is long overdue. When I first started to fill the thrill to learn playing the guitar, one of the biggest reasons was being able to play(sing) a song with the guitar. what I mean by that is not playing chord progress for any given song, It is more to play the vocalist melody with notes.[br]For example Kfir Ochaion, I know he is an extraordinary musician, but I would like to know the path to becoming Kfir. I want to play songs with notes, not by chords. and to do so I need to focus on learning. How do I start practicing for this?

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/18/2022 2:52 pm

Hello thanks for this question!

It's time to start learning how to play lead guitar.

Check out the Lead Guitar chapters in the GT Rock Course to get started.

Also, Christopher Schlegel has a great series you should check out:

https://www.guitartricks.com/collection/learning-to-improvise

Good luck with it! Let me know how it goes!

Mike

Originally Posted by: vutkabilai

this question is long overdue. When I first started to fill the thrill to learn playing the guitar, one of the biggest reasons was being able to play(sing) a song with the guitar. what I mean by that is not playing chord progress for any given song, It is more to play the vocalist melody with notes.[br]For example Kfir Ochaion, I know he is an extraordinary musician, but I would like to know the path to becoming Kfir. I want to play songs with notes, not by chords. and to do so I need to focus on learning. How do I start practicing for this?

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.