View thread

Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/20/2023 1:07 pm
#22 Originally Posted by: dougguitar

Hi Mike,

Wow! It sounds like, except for the transcribing, you’re pretty much literally a one man band on this process! That’s a lot of work. And I don’t think you all get enough credit for the backing tracks. That’s a big part of the experience here, and I really appreciate the effort that goes into them.

Yes, the transcribing work was fun, and I learned a lot, but it was very time consuming, and I was working a full-time non-music related job at the time. I always thought it was kind of weird how they paid by the page. It didn’t matter if the page just contained strumming open chords, or bars and bars of intense soloing, every page paid the same. 😄

Thanks for insight into your process there. It makes me appreciate what you and the other teachers do all the more. Keep up the great work.

Doug

Hey Doug - thanks for the kind words!  I need to send a shout out our GT video team - they film and edit all the videos (not me - haha).

Very cool about the transcribing work, but, agreed, the per page rate is pretty weird!!

Keep rockin'!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach