Switching from A minor to E minor

oteikwufrancisanyebe5
oteikwufrancisanyebe5
08/27/2021 8:50 am

Please I'm a beginner and I'm still learning to switch from Chord Am to Em[br]I'd like to know if it's okay to switch with my third finger instead of the first finger. I tried using the first but I was more comfortable with the third. Thank you for your work. I really appreciate it.

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/27/2021 1:52 pm
Originally Posted by: oteikwufrancisanyebe5

Please I'm a beginner and I'm still learning to switch from Chord Am to Em[br]I'd like to know if it's okay to switch with my third finger instead of the first finger. I tried using the first but I was more comfortable with the third. Thank you for your work. I really appreciate it.

The general principle is to use the most natural & efficient fingering & motion to play any series of notes & chords. That can be a different set of fingers for different individuals!

So, it's fine to use whatever fingers you need to use in order to make the music happen.

However, sometimes the easiest way at first isn't always the best way in the long run. And it's always going to be useful to know and be able to use alternate fingerings for some chords depending on which chord you are changing from and to!

So, use your fingering for now. But make time in the future to practice with your first finger as well. Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
oteikwufrancisanyebe5
oteikwufrancisanyebe5
08/28/2021 8:27 am

Yes sir. It really helped. Thanks a lot sir.

# 3
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/28/2021 1:59 pm
Originally Posted by: oteikwufrancisanyebe5

Yes sir. It really helped. Thanks a lot sir.

You're welcome! Glad it helps.

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.