Hi Guitar World

jimmypagewaanabe
jimmypagewaanabe
06/16/2021 1:31 am

Hi All

I'm Kev - 53 from New Zealand. Yes, I really did want to be Jmmy Paige when I was younger...still do.

I have been playing guitar, on and off, for about 32 years. I have picked up a few things up in that time but really want to know how it all fits together. I have never had a guitar lesson - till yesterday. Yes, I can play a few songs/ leads etc but never knew what key they were in or why certain notes always seem to be played with each other. (Pretty much found that out in the first lessons).

Ultimatelty I want to take my lead guitar beyond just the pentatonic scale and be able to improvise well. Before i do that , I want to make sure my foundations are solid. I can't read music so everything so far has been by ear, from tab or learnt from the internet

Lisa McCormack love your work!!! If you set the standard of tutors here I know Im in the right place.

Keep practising one and all.

Kev

# 1
Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
06/16/2021 9:43 am

Yeah kev.

Good to hear another kiwi out there ! Same age and ambitions mate! ✊Jimmy page is awesome and what a band! Enjoy the journey and hopefully you get into the blues courses. They've got some helpful tips and Anders makes a lot of sense.

# 2
jimmypagewaanabe
jimmypagewaanabe
06/16/2021 9:47 am

Yip, already stuck my nose in to the blues section it will be my first stop once I have finished with the foundation work. :)

# 3
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/21/2021 4:46 pm

Hi Kev!

Thanks for the kind words! I am blushing.

-Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.