View post (Aloha from Hawaii)

View thread

Ulfhed
Ulfhed
05/14/2021 11:19 pm

New to the forum, new to the guitar.

Been wanting to pick up an instrument again for easily thirty-plus years now, but also had some excuse why I couldn't, or why I didn't. Actually got inspired by a VA newsletter about Veterans getting guitar lessons, and figured that it was now or never, you know?[br][br]Did some research, went out and picked up an Epiphone DR-100 Dreadnought from a local music store, and while talking with a friend of mine about my purchase - she said her husband recommended GuitarTricks, so here I am.

I figure it's never too late to learn something new, so even though I'm turning 46 next month, I'm looking forward to this journey...even if my fingertips are already reminding me to take things slow and easy. Still on furlough for the foreseeable future, so now's a good time to start developing new habits. I even keep my guitar, on its new stand, sitting right in the living room, right next to the TV and right in front of me, so it's constant presence is a reminder to not let it just gather dust hidden in a case beneath my bed.

Looking forward to getting further on this journey and always glad to have a social network to commisserate with![br][br]Chris